“Excellent Fish”

Neighborhood: Central L.A
Los Angeles
“Excellent Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

La Seranata is a family-run Mexican seafood restaurant. The Rodriguez family started with one restaurant in downtown Los Angeles. It is still there, but now they have two more stores, in West Los Angeles and Santa Monica. All three serve simple, fresh seafood. The service is friendly, not fancy, and the prices are reasonable. Altogether, a great place.

• Visited January 2012

L.A.
“Just Plan Bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Bad food, terrible service and the prices were way to high for Mexican food. Why this place still is still open is a mystery to me.

Orange County CA
“Excellent Mexican seafood dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Don't be turned off by the neighborhood. They have parking lot and attendent behind the building. Some dishes you don't see everywhere. I had empenadas stuffed with tilapia, cheese, and tasty spices. Excellent service. I'll go back.

• Visited January 2012
tulum
“Sensational fish .............and sauces to die for they are so good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

I recently had a 60th birthday celebration at La Serenata. The food was incredibly good. I crave mexican sauces so I asked if I could have the salmon dish with two separate sauces, their 'mole' on one side and a very spicy green chile sauce on the other side of the plate.
They accommodated me very graciously. It was one of the great eating experiences of my life. The mexican band serenaded my party with style and the whole evening was memorable.
Every time I go to LA I will make a special trip to eat at this restaurant. Fantastic.

Burbank, CA
“Very good but over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2009

I've been to this restaurant several times. I have to say the food is very good but too expensive. The restaurant itself is in a real bad area of Boyle Heights. If you're not familiar with the area, it may be a little intimidating at first. But once you're inside, you're ok.

My favorite dish on the menu is the Milanesa (breaded steak). It's delicious. Also, any soup they make daily (carrot, celerey, etc..) is very tasty.

The service can be good or not so good. I've experienced both. Overall, the food is what has brought me back to La Serenata.