“Great for pre or post theater dining!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Water Grill

Water Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Water Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 9,846 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 6th St.
Yorba Linda, California
“Great for pre or post theater dining!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our third visit to Water Grill over the past several years. We walked the short, almost one miile downhill distance after seeing a matinee show at the Ahmanson. We were seated in a very cozy booth with a view of the street in front. The service was fantastic! He asked if we had theater tickets so that enough time could be allowed for service. We did not feel rushed or pressured to eat quickly. The food was great! I had the dover sole, which was a bit pricey at $44 a pound, but prepared perfectly! My husband had the mahi mahi and said it too was terrific. We enjoyed a reasonably priced bottle of Conundrum white wine and shared a delicious, warm bread pudding for dessert. I would highly recommend this restaurant as a pre- or post-theater dining treat!

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Manitoba, Canada
“You must go here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Outstanding selection of seafood. Quality of both food and service were appreciated. One of the best seafood restaurants in all of LA (and we went to a lot in one week)

Visited February 2013
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pricy but tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food was so delicious, but very expensive. Had striped bass, a great beet salad, and amazing bread pudding. Good thing it was work related.

Visited February 2013
Long Beach, California
“Great Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I used to think that Water Grill was old, tired, and over priced. Well, most of that has changed. I had heard that they got a face lift and were making an effort to be more relevant. I decided to give it another try during Dine LA week for lunch. I was glad I went. The restaurant feels much more contemporary (albeit not my style). I had the mahi mahi and it was divine! It was fresh and full of bursting flavors in just the right balance. It was ample enough that I took half home (after starting with the clam chowder). I still think that it is a bit overpriced, but I will definitely be back during Dine LA week when it is more reasonably priced.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Terrible food and service, over rated , very noisey”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I do not know how this place has a such a great review ? I went to this restaurant for dinner and it took more than one hours to bring the food, the soup was cold the waiter did not know how to serve. will not go back to water Grill , not worth the time or the money

• Visited January 2013