“Great seafood!”
Review of Water Grill

Water Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Water Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 10,346 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 6th St.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

First time at the Water Grill and will definitely return next time 'I’m in LA. Raw oysters were very good as was the main course I had of Mahi Mahi. Vast wine selection. Nice dinning room with large bar.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The seafood was so fresh and unique! If you love oysters,this is your place as well! The service was amazing and we got a free dessert just because! Prices are quite steep though so dont be shocked that you will pay over $30 bucks a plate for fish but well worth it! Right across the street from the Hilton Checkers as well.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I recently was on a trip to los Angeles and was referred to the Water Grill in search of late night seafood. I want to start by saying the food was phenomenal!I had the swordfish and my wife the big eyed Tuna, one word, DELECTABLE! Although the food was amazing, it was the service that put this dining experience over the top. Our server, Dublin, could not have been more accomodating and on-point. His friendly attitude and helpful nature, (not to mention we both took his recommendations and couldnt have been more pleased with the choices) make him, and I say this with all honesty, quite possibly the best server I have EVER had. Top Shelf.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was our first visit back since the total remodel last January. It looks very different, much less formal, and more of a San Francisco style bar and grill. Of course everything on the menu sounds delicious and everything we ordered was delicious. There are lots of options whether you are looking for a light meal or a feast. Lots of people were sitting at the bar and having a glass of wine and sharing appetizers. The staff was very professional. Our server was attentive but not intrusive. The manager was constantly circulating and chatting with diners and he was also serving and clearing tables when needed. My rating is "Very Good" not "Excellent" because the noise level was extremely high. At times I had difficulty hearing my dining companion who was sitting next to me. Unfortunately I had no trouble hearing the conversation at the next table of the six men discussing the anatomical effects they had experienced of a certain male pereformance enhancement pill!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Let's face it, downtown LA doesn't have alot of activity at night. So you hop in a taxi with an address. So glad I had this one! Nice subdued atmosphere, great service and outstanding food.