“Most incredible chili verde burrito that's ever crossed my lips!”
Review of El Tepeyac

El Tepeyac
Ranked #202 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I saw this place on Man vs. Food and immediately knew I had to try it. My husband and I came for dinner and as soon as we walked in it felt like home. Jennie was our server and she was phenomenal she's like your favorite Aunt. She made our visit extra special the whole way through our meal.
I got the Hollenbeck burrito, and let me tell you, I will be craving it from this day on! A must eat place. I can't wait to treat my taste buds again!

There are newer reviews for El Tepeyac

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Worth the long lines. Great food, authentically local, and the iconic spot in East LA. The portions are enormous, split it with with friends!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

First, someone told me that this was in a bad neighborhood. I could not disagree more. Its really close to the freeway and they have private off street parking. I would have no problem coming back here day or night.

For portions, bring your appetite, even the regular sized meals were large. Bring four friends if you are going to try the Manuel's challenge. There is no way you are finishing that by your self. Food was great and the service is what you would expect from a family run restaurant. This is a stop that is off the beaten path but totally worth the trip.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

the great taste and the smell of the food. I would recommend it to any one who would come from other countries because i want them to know the great taste of our mexican stylish food. :)

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hollenbeck burrito, beef taquitos and chile relleno! Their chili verde sauce is "Da Bomb"!!!! Just dropped in on a layover going back to New York where I live now. Place is still the same and food just as good. Very generous with the chips and salsa. The food is just damn good!!!! There is a line usually for a table inside but the take out line is just as long. It was featured on "Man versus Food" on TV and anyone crazy enough to eat an entire Manuel Special needs to have their brain looked at.