“Excellent Local Flavor”

Neighborhood: Central L.A
Frisco, Texas
“Excellent Local Flavor”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I’ve been eating at El Tepeyac for over 25 years now. When living in LA and going to school in East LA, I would frequent here regularly. Over the years having moved away from LA, this is consistently a place that I meet friends, bring new friends, and go to with family. It’s on my list of my visit places in the SoCal area because it’s consistently delicious, a very good value, and it fun when Manny is out talking to us in line while we wait. If there are 2 or 3 of us, we might share the Hollenbeck burrito. With 3 or 4, we share the Manuel Special burrito. A side of guacamole is always a good add-on and comes in a giant bowl for all to share. There is no alcohol here but that’s ok with me. The food is so good and there is always a line that no alcohol means more of us can enjoy the food. If you are in LA, treat yourself to a local meal here at El Tepeyac. It’s only a short drive from downtown and a few blocks of I-10 in East LA. It’s worth it!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank JuniorBirdman

• Polish first
Covington, Kentucky
“AWESOME MEXICAN FOOD!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Hubby & I ate here during our recent visit to L.A. & it is the best authentic Mexican food we've ever had!! It's small & not very appealing to the eye from the outside but you really must go here if you want excellent Mexican cuisine. We had to stand outside & wait for a table but it is worth the wait!! Wonderful service too!!! No wonder it was on "Man vs Food"!!!

• Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Oley!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

With Mexican food so same ol' same ol' wherever you go, this place really stands out. It's fantastic! Why do we have to go the East side? Open one in West LA.

Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
“Best Burritos Anywhere!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Had to wait for it outside, but once we were in and seated, the food and service were marvelous. Well worth the trip . . . from Saudi Arabia . . . to enjoy Manuel's magic burritos.

Arrive hungry. Portions were big.

• Visited August 2012
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Great Mexican food but getting a bit pricey”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have been a fan of Manuel's (El Tepeyac) for over 30 years. Every time I come back to the west coast I make it point to stop in and get my Mexican food fix. I enjoy everything on their menu from their beef enchilada, machaca burritos, taquitos, tacos, etc. The food is still great the only thing that has changed is that their prices continue to outpace inflation. This use to be an affordable place to feed your family, sadly not any more.

• Visited July 2012