“Sammys at LAX- to miss” 1 of 5 bubbles

Rutland, United Kingdom
“Sammys at LAX- to miss”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

After an early arrival at LAX Airport - a meal was needed
At 05.45 - only coffee available - 8 or more staff on duty...... finally opened at 06.10
Ordered Drinks and food - arrived quite quickly and we now know why
1. Muffin with cold bacon and tepid scrambled eggs and a bowl of swimming melon in what??
2. 2 eggs over medium - hot - with iced cold bacon - nice but cool potato grits

A terrible breakfast - and my wife needed tablets later for you know what

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Milldale,CT
“The Manager needs to go.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The manager tell some customers they are closed and then seats some others.

How are you closed at 10:00pm in an Airport????

LAX needs new restaurant to take its place.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great Food, Slow Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

There aren't too many options besides Burger King, this place, Starbucks or Chili's to eat at LAX in the AA terminal. As we weren't feeling the other places, we tried Sammy's.

When we arrived, there was quite a wait. About 20 minutes in total. Given how slow the service was, I think the wait was a reflection of their inability to turn tables.

As I mentioned, the service was slow. So slow that it took 10-15 minutes to get the check.

When the food and drink arrived, it arrived as we asked. The pizza which we both ordered tasted superb.

If they would clean up their service issues, this place would be a go to spot. If you are in a hurry, then don't bother.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
McLean, Virginia
“Great Greek Salad -- Unbeatable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I ordered the Greek salad and sat across from someone else who ordered a different salad. In a word, we were both blown away. I had been traveling in Chile, where I had indifferent food, and has seen the over-priced menus at Lima's airport -- though I did experience some excellent food experiences over a week in Pasadena, CA. But back to Sammy's: The Greek salad was huge, very tasty, and at $11.20 (plus tax) a definite bargain. I compared it with a less tasty but good Greek salad of one-third the size in my home of Northern Virginia that costs about $7. I just eyed the pizza here. It looked OK but I couldn't really tell and I was so intent on enjoying very last taste of my salad that I didn't much have eyes for pizza. If you have to wait for a plane, this is a great experience, but be sure to come hungry.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Irving, Texas
“Who would expect great pizza in an airport?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

There are only so many times you can eat at Burger King in LAX. So we decided to try Sammy's. It was great. The service was a bit slow, but very friendly. We ordered a pizza and a salad. It was a bit odd that the pizza came out first, but it was as good as any brick oven pizza. Even though the greek salad came out a bit later, it was very good and very fresh. It was also large enough to split.