“Be a Tiger!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Te restaurant is like a throw back in time! From the timeless furniture in the lobby to the white high back booths, you can't help but love the ambience. We got the prime rib and the lasagna, both of which were very good.
Go on any night other than Sunday or Monday and hear the iconic Marty and Elayne playing and singing. It's the cherry on top after a great dinner.
Don't waste a trip to LA by missing out on this place!

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited this establishment on the advice of a friend, and couldn't be happier with my experience! We made reservations for dinner, then stayed for the lounge. Dinner was great! The food is traditional American fare, the filets were cooked exactly the way we wanted. The atmosphere of the dining room is very old Hollywood. Dinner service did take a bit longer than you might be used to, but it is from an era where people actually took time with their meals and enjoyed their food! After dinner we went to the lounge and enjoyed the show. If you've never seen Marty and Elayne perform, be prepared for an experience! This is a couple that truly enjoys what they do and genuinely want the audience to be happy! Bar service was good as well. I've read mixed reviews of tho establishment, but I feel like the ones complaining about the service are a bit exaggerated. The lounge gets VERY busy but I didn't feel like that impacted our service any more than it would at any other establishment. The ambiance of the Dresden is amazing, and I definitely recommend to anyone!! My only issue with the Dresden is that I live in San Francisco, and cannot come back more often!!!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was a wonderful resturant.....great service...great food....and the best waitress Vell....!!!!! The steaks were out of this world!!!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The food at the Dresden is truly dreadful. Think basic old-style dishes like chicken cordon bleu. Everything has a cheap, cheesy and saucy taste to it. The quality seemed somewhere between school cafeteria and 1970s airline. The interior is baroque and ugly. Service is reasonably polite and efficient. I suppose some people might find this kind of antique place quaint or retro, but frankly I cannot see it.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is a lot of fun. Great neighborhood. I rang in the new year here with a few friends. I have never eaten here so my review is just based on atmosphere and drinks. What a lovely experience! Very friendly staff. Great champagne. This place was packed. You are transported back in time. Felt very 40's to me. Great place to get dressed up and listen to talented musicians play and sing while you dine. I wish we had eaten here too. Very fun!

2  Thank L2Connelly