“Great Pie and Attentive Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Pie Hole
Ranked #1 of 336 Coffee & Tea in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Great Pie and Attentive Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

First of all the pie is amazing. Between the group we sampled almost all of the sweet pies. the Turkish Coffee and Mexican Chocolate were standouts. We had a large party and a small child who needed a high chair. The owner went out of the way to arrange seating for us and provided extra pie for the inconvenience. True customer service!

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Desert Heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you're a desert fan this is the place to go!!! Great local atmosphere, nice people, and just some really great yummies. You won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2013
Grandview, Missouri
“Best Pie in the Land”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was my first visit to the Pie Hole. My friends and I each bought a piece to share. SOOO delicious. Fantastic quality. I ended up buying two other slices of pie to take home for later. The Early Grey Meringue pie was so creative and tasty. The Pie Hole is conveniently located near one of the light rail station as well.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“It's OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Parking around here can be a little tricky as the neighborhood is becoming the place to visit and live for hipster LA types. Ok, so I live in the neighborhood so maybe not all of us are hipsters. Luckily I can walk here and not deal with trying to find a parking space. I really want to like this place more than I do as it is a quaint establishment with nice staff and a good concept. I just can't say that I love the pies I have tasted so far but other people must really like them as there are always customers in and out of the place. I tried the mac'n'cheese pie but just didn't care for the pastry on it. The pear with ginger pie I like if I take it to go and warm it up at home and add a Greek yogurt topping. When I had it there with their whipped cream it was not as good. A friend of mine ha the veggie mushroom pie and didn't finish it. I could tell she wasn't impressed. Maybe it is just a matter of finding the pie that is right for you. The atmosphere is pleasant and casual. The neighborhood is quirky and cool to roam around in to discover colorful graffiti and hidden away storefronts. Try it, maybe you'll like it.

Visited January 2013
Northridge, Ca
“Best Pie Ever and I'm not a Pie Fan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I tried this place after seeing it on unique eats. We ordered the Mac N cheese pie a curry pie and the strawberry pie. The mac n cheese was a gooey rich and buttery the curry wonderfully flavorful and perfectly spiced the strawberries fresh not overly sweetened but perfectly done to let the natural fruit shine unlike most strawberry pies which have a thick glaze. This is hands down the best strawberry pie I've ever eaten. The guys who run this place are super helpful and will heat the savory pies for you or you can take them home and heat them there which is great if you want to grab something for dinner on the way home. Great place you must try it if you are in LA

• Visited July 2012