“Enjoyable”
Review of Harold and Belle's

Harold and Belle's
Reserve with OpenTable
Harold and Belle's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #662 of 10,036 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 10th Avenue
Description: Harold & Belle"s is Los Angeles's premiere Creole dining experience. Family owned and operated for over 40 years, the restaurant has received numerous awards for its southern style cooking. Specialties include File Gumbo, Crawfish Etouffee, Jambalaya, and Fried Seafood. Come hungry because Harold & Belle's is known for serving up generous portions. A full bar is also available as well as mouthwatering desserts such as Louisiana Bread Pudding and Peach Cobbler.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I'm in LA, I must eat at Harold and Belle's. Having lived in New Orleans, I often look for any resemblance of the Bayou City's Creole cuisine. I enjoy the fried catfish dinner which comes with your choice of sides but the star on the plate is the very delicately coated and perfectly seasoned fish that isn't heavy but very satisfying. Also, give the Po Boy a try. I personally have mine open faced, half and half (shrimp and oyster) served with a special cocktail sauce with just enough kick. Go during happy hour and take advantage of the drink specials that are two for one. You just can't go wrong. Service is quick and friendly. Parking can be an issue, since there's limited valet space. But there's street parking available close enough to the front door.

Los Angeles, California
“Soul Food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The best southern food I have had in a long time. You can't choose a better place. Fish is excellent just the way mom made it.

Visited October 2012
“Still Great”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

As we sat trying to think of a good seafood restaurant, many choices came to mind but only one stood out - Harold & Belles. Tucked away, north of the Crenshaw district, is probably the best (that's right - the best) New Orleans restaurant in Los Angeles. A bit pricey but when you see the amounts served, you forget the price. When you taste the food, you forget you're in LA.

The soft shell crab ($32) is simply something to die for. The entire menu will have you coming back for more. Most entrees range from $20-$25 with appetizers running a lot cheaper.

Valet parking is a highly recommended as well as reservations. They're open for lunch or dinner. For dinner, I suggest you get there early.

Los Angeles, California
“CREOLE CUISINE YUM”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Everything I have had on the menu is totally delish! Especially their wings. It does get crowded and the wait is long, so call ahead and make reservations.

Visited August 2012
los angeles
“Extremely Disappointed”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have been a regular customer of Harold and Belle's for the past twenty years. I have always rated the restaurant very high. However, after ordering a seafood platter tonight I noticed that the restaurant has cut the serving of fish and shrimp considerably. Previously, a seafood platter would be enough food for my husband, son and myself. The small portion that was given tonight was barely enough for my husband and I. When I contacted the restaurant I was told that they are now serving red snapper strips. Which means that the four regular size snapper that was previously given in the order is now two pieces cut into fourths. I understand inflation, however I would prefer paying a bit more for the large serving previously offered, rather than paying the same price for an extremely small order. The food remains very tasty, however the value is terrible. Hardly worth the $33.00 price that is charged. I don't plan to patronize the restaurant again.

• Visited October 2012