“Delicious Fried Chicken and Waffles!”

Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #839 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed December 4, 2012

So, I'm not the biggest fan of friend chicken and waffles. My sister is though. There was a wait, we ended up waiting for about 15 minutes before we were seated. Once we were seated the service was fast. I ordered their Chicken and Waffle plus a side of two eggs over easy. My sister ordered their waffle with one chicken thigh and a side of Mac & Cheese. Did we finish our food? Oh yes we did! The waffle was surprisingly good (I'm not a big fan of waffles either). The friend chicken was my favorite. It was perfect and the piece of chicken they gave me was huge! I'm really picky with my eggs and I am happy to say that they made the eggs perfectly! I was a pretty happy girl. My sister was also very happy with her meal. She loved the Mac & Cheese. It was actually really good it wasn't too heavy on the cheese (I'm not a huge fan of melted cheese).

The price is good for what you get and I would recommend this place again and again.

1  Thank Sarah N
There are newer reviews for Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I don't always eat fried chicken, but when I do I eat at Roscoe's. My guiltiest pleasure when visiting Los Angeles. The awesome combination of sweet and salt keeps me wanting more. Chicken is always very juicy, never dry. You simply must try this place when in LA, you will wonder how you ever survived without this combination of food.

2  Thank XavierPhoenix
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family and I have been to Roscoe's on one other occasion. It was a pleasure to return and enjoy a Sunday brunch of their famous waffles and chicken. The chicken is very lightly breaded and not the slightest bit greasy. It's unbelievably moist and tender. It was a busy day and there was a line waiting to be seated but we were seated within 5 minutes of our arrival. The food came really quickly after placing our order and the wait staff is extremely friendly and happy to oblige.
We came very hungry but still couldn't finish our orders and had leftovers for later to take with us. The portion sizes here are plentiful. Great place for families and friends. Anxious to return.

3  Thank gadgetguy63
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Oh man, where do I begin? This place is the best. The chicken is cooked to perfection. Goldena dn crispy on the outside and moist and juicy meat on the inside. My mouth's watering right now. Believe it or not, I go here with whoever I happen to be hiking with that day at the Griffth Park trail. Kind of defeats the purpose of the 3 hour hike but it's worth it I tell ya!

2  Thank CaliOrBust65
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Roscoe's on several different occasions; however, this location by far is the absolute worse! We sat down and placed our order. The waiter returned back to our table within 3-4 minutes with our meals. I thought to myself, "Waffles and Chicken freshly made in under 5 minutes?!" You're kidding me! It takes longer to get through a drive-thru. As you could imagine the food was COLD and not freshly prepared. I then spoke to the manager, Ms. Pat. Well that was a huge dissapointment! She was very unprofessional and rude. Ms. Pat proceeded to argue with me regarding the temperature of my food and she made excuses as to why the butter wasn't melting on my waffle. Seriously, rather than just apologizing for my dissatisfaction with the food and remaking it. I was muffled by her reaction. I couldn't believe that this was the manger of a business establishment! My husband and I refused to accept this type of treatment and got up a left! This location will no longer get my business nor will I recommend it to anyone else I know! And God forbid President Obama would have visited this location! Talk about an embarrassment to the entire Roscoe's franchise as a whole! Just shameful! Do yourself a favor and visit any of the other Roscoe's locations! You're guaranteed Better food and far Better service!

1  Thank lkthomas