“Great Food”

Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #933 of 9,953 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family and I have been to Roscoe's on one other occasion. It was a pleasure to return and enjoy a Sunday brunch of their famous waffles and chicken. The chicken is very lightly breaded and not the slightest bit greasy. It's unbelievably moist and tender. It was a busy day and there was a line waiting to be seated but we were seated within 5 minutes of our arrival. The food came really quickly after placing our order and the wait staff is extremely friendly and happy to oblige.
We came very hungry but still couldn't finish our orders and had leftovers for later to take with us. The portion sizes here are plentiful. Great place for families and friends. Anxious to return.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank gadgetguy63

Orange, California
“Forget the napkins!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Oh man, where do I begin? This place is the best. The chicken is cooked to perfection. Goldena dn crispy on the outside and moist and juicy meat on the inside. My mouth's watering right now. Believe it or not, I go here with whoever I happen to be hiking with that day at the Griffth Park trail. Kind of defeats the purpose of the 3 hour hike but it's worth it I tell ya!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank CaliOrBust65
Los Angeles, California
“Service Nightmare!!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Roscoe's on several different occasions; however, this location by far is the absolute worse! We sat down and placed our order. The waiter returned back to our table within 3-4 minutes with our meals. I thought to myself, "Waffles and Chicken freshly made in under 5 minutes?!" You're kidding me! It takes longer to get through a drive-thru. As you could imagine the food was COLD and not freshly prepared. I then spoke to the manager, Ms. Pat. Well that was a huge dissapointment! She was very unprofessional and rude. Ms. Pat proceeded to argue with me regarding the temperature of my food and she made excuses as to why the butter wasn't melting on my waffle. Seriously, rather than just apologizing for my dissatisfaction with the food and remaking it. I was muffled by her reaction. I couldn't believe that this was the manger of a business establishment! My husband and I refused to accept this type of treatment and got up a left! This location will no longer get my business nor will I recommend it to anyone else I know! And God forbid President Obama would have visited this location! Talk about an embarrassment to the entire Roscoe's franchise as a whole! Just shameful! Do yourself a favor and visit any of the other Roscoe's locations! You're guaranteed Better food and far Better service!

1 Thank lkthomas
San Francisco, California
“One of my favorite cheepa meals”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

If you don't like the chicken & waffle combo than skip this but if you are on board than head in and order up a meal. It's good home cookin' and that's all you need to know!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Crash89
“Had to visit Roscoe's”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Couldn't come to LA without visiting Roscoe's. My meal was great but the restaurant is just too congested. The waiters bumping tables, standing over you, basically cleaning your table off for you to move while someone else is waiting. Too busy for me!

Visited April 2012