“Best Caesar Salad and Chicken Marsala I've had....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Firenze Osteria

Firenze Osteria
Ranked #1,621 of 9,847 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Transit: Universal City Metro Station about 1/4 mile south of restaurant.
“Best Caesar Salad and Chicken Marsala I've had....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've been to Firenze a number of times for lunch, most recently for a holiday lunch this last week. The bruschetta we started with was good. I also opted for the Caesar salad, which I have to say is one of the best I've had. It had more dressing on it than I generally prefer, but the dressing was soooo good that, not only did I not mind, I ate all of it. Tempted though I was, I did not lick the plate.

I had the Chicken Marsala for my entree, and that too is probably the best I've had anywhere. The portion was a little bit small, but I prefer to avoid walking out of a good restaurant overly stuffed, so I was okay with that. The flavor was both delicate and full. The asparagus that came with it were well prepared, and the mashed potatoes, a dish of which I am not usually all that fond, were delicious. I ate all of those as well.

As for the dessert, I skipped the flourless chocolate cake, but did eat the vanilla ice cream, which was tasty and a nice way to end the meal. That along with the latte that I ordered were a nice finish, and I left very satisfied. Overall, a delicious meal as were the other lunches I've had here in the past.

• Visited December 2012

Dana Point, California
“Authentic Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I recently visited Italy and realized that very little Italian food made in America is as good as it is in Italy. And there is so much more to Italian cuisine than Pizza and Pasta. We live in Orange County and had dinner at this restaurant on a recent trip into town. We were very pleased. For starters we had calamari and an order of crabcakes, both delicious. Her main was short rib ravioli with a cream sauce and a drizzle of aged balsamic. Not your average ravioli and a sauce that made it necessary to wipe the plate with a piece of bread, it was that good. My gnocchi were light as clouds with a savory rabbit ragout. Panna cotta for our dessert was the cat's meow. If you have been to Italy and want a lttle culinary reverie or if you've never been but want something authentic then go to Firenze Osteria. Ciao!

• Visited November 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Top Restaurant gets Top Chef &Top Reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fiirenze Osteria, formally Barsac Brasseria is a great find and is without a doubt the best restauant in the East Valley area. Lisa and James built Barsac into a warm friendly powerhouse and have reinvented the dinning experience with High Energy, new Tuscan decor, Great food and a supper menu. The bar is great - the bar area is my favorite spot to eat as we like the buzz but the open kitchen dinning room is great for feeling "The IN Crowd".
Chef Fabio has done a great job with menu as everything is very authentic and freshly prepared. I had the Clams & Mussels in broth and our table ceasar salads and caprese salad perfect with the bread and the house tapanade. If you love a perfectly pounded and breaded veal chop Milanese, on the bone, with fesh salad and cherry tomatoes - this is it - read no further. My wife had the butternut squash pasta and it was amazing - to rich and creamy for me but heaven on a plate. The Tuscan steak was perfect and grilled to perfection with lemon and pepper.
Desserts we ok but maybe we were so full we were not in the mood. So you are on your own -
House wines were fairly priced and well presented and wine selections were also well priced $75 to $100 for a very tasty selection with 5 /6 years in the bottle. Valet parking is a breeze and parking on the street is also readily available. Last minute Saturday night always seems possible even though they are crowed as the studio/ Biz crowd eats there during the week for Lunch & Dinner. Yes it is pricey for the neiborhood but well worth going off the beaten path don't miss it !

• Visited November 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good Food and Reasonably Priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I came here because I am a huge Top Chef fan and love to check out contestants' restaurants when I'm traveling. The menu was huge (it comes in a binder), which means a lot of choices, but I would have preferred a smaller, more focused menu (there were three salads that sounded like almost the same thing). I started with the minestrone, which had some great flavors and wasn't the usual tomato based soup. It was also a huge portion, which I wasn't expecting. For my main course I had the butternut squash ravioli. Again, the portion was big and so were the flavors.

Parking was really easy. They have valet, but I found street parking less than a block away.

• Visited October 2012
Beverly Hills
“Fine traditional Tuscan dining!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Firenze Osteria lived up to it's hype : Traditional Tuscan cuisine was prepared with authenticity. Dinner was very good: Veal Milanese, Lobster ravioli and dessert tasted delicious. The recommended wine was perfect. Online reservation system is very practical and we were seated immediately upon arrival. I liked the fact that the kitchen was visible from the main dining room. The team (cooks and waiters) worked in unison and provided a well orchestrated service. Our waiter was very polite and professional. Service was relatively fast and efficient. The interior and exterior design of this restaurant are very simple and unpretentious. Focus here is entirely on food quality. The restaurant was packed and the atmosphere convivial. I will go back next time for lunch. Congratulations to Chef/owner Fabio Viviani and his team.

• Visited October 2012