“Amazing Food, beautiful experience”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #418 of 10,132 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went with some friends to give this restaurant a try as we have all heard about it. We went on a Wednesday as rumor has it is very crowded on weekends. All three of us now have a favorite restaurant! The service is top notch, the ambiance is beyond words, and the food is breathtaking to the eye and flavorful. We started with cocktails, I had the Lychee martini and it was a excellent. Out of curiosity we tried the crispy olives, which were a small bite and tasty. I had the halibut and had to refrain form licking the plate-my friends had the salmon and were very please. However, when it came to dessert-I won hands down by selecting the Firefly bread pudding. While the baked alaskan and neopolitan were lovely, the bread pudding is indescribably delicious. Do yourself a favor and indulge in this heavenly treat.

There are newer reviews for Firefly

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Thankfully I read the TA reviews and knew to look for a wall of ivy - Ventura Blvd is not easy to navigate when looking for an address. The front door on the right edge of the ivy looks like a back door, and the first sight inside is a bar, so you think you're entering a dive, but then it opens first to a cozy lounge cum library (with twinkle lights, hence the name 'Firefly') and then to a large indoor/outdoor room which is covered with a roof that feels like a tent. I was suspecting the food would take second place to the atmosphere, but then we received our appetizer of grilled mussels, and that alone told me not to worry. They were outstanding - never had them grilled before - and I could have eaten the whole platter rather than sharing with my companion. They were cooked perfectly and seasoned with a flavor I couldn't quite distinguish. I'll order them again no matter what else I order. They were followed by my entree of 6 ounces of perfectly cooked totally tender petit filet served with small roasted potatoes and broccolini. My companion had the sea bass which he also raved about (but I didn't try since I don't like bass). We shared a delicious Napoleon for dessert - outstanding and sized right for a single portion but still large enough to share. I was there on business but will definitely go back with my family next time we travel to LA and are in the Valley or even Hollywood area, as it's convenient enough to get to from there. Forgot to mention the ginger cosmo - great drink! Don't miss it if you like ginger (or cosmo's!) I will definitely be back, and I think it will become a new family favorite in LA.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My experience at Firefly was a very good one. The look of the room was great, very comfortable and open enough so we could chat with our friends. We took an area which had overhead lights otherwise the room can get dark which at times could be a hinderance. Bit of an issue with the wine list, we ordered two wines that were posted but they did not have. Finally found a wine which was a good sub.
Food was well prepared and tasty. I had the Salmon, so did my wife. Our friends ordered other dishes which I do not remember what they were but they too enjoyed them. Very good desserts as we shared all of them. Service was very good, server knew when to make an appearance and when not too. Again, if you think the menu items are too pricy , look at the menu before you come. Come prepared, there is no reason not to know what things cost before. For smokers there is a small private room to enjoy without bothering non smokers . I thought that was a good idea. I like this place and plan to go back.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Right on Ventura....look for the hedge with a valet parking attendant out front. The front wall is covered with a hedge.

Too cool for school attitude...play along with it and you'll have a good time! But if you want Applebee's, go there instead.

Good food, good service and some fun people- watching. And yes, that IS a unisex washroom....you'll never know who you'll meet.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Don't be intimidated by the exterior of this place, the magic awaits you inside. The Firefly Manhattan~ Premium Rye Whiskey, House Made Orange Marmalade, Dash of Bitters, Sweet Vermouth, Grand Marnier Soaked Cherry was just what the doctor ordered after a long drive up the PCH. Our salads were perfectly timed for delivery and the wines arrived in advance of the main course. I had their fish & chips, belgian ale battered cod, house tarter sauce, we also had the grilled kurobuta pork chop, broccoli & buttermilk blue souflet, grilled figs, & radicchio and the sweet pea ravioli, forest mushrooms, la querchia pancetta, wilted pea tendrils, almond butter were the star of the show. After a brief stint outside to digest I returned to the table to find that my wife and my friend had nearly devoured the melon trio consisting of cantaloupe sorbet, ginger, watermelon sorbet, lime pearls, honeydew sorbet, fresh mango, mint and basil gel. Overall a FANTASTIC evening.