“Very good, stayed nearby for Universal Studios”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Cross street: Vineland
Transit: Across the street from the Hollywood Bowl park and ride on Ventura Blvd. A short walk from Universal metro station.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We arrived very early for dinner, and pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves (at least that is the way we felt). Very nice, friendly staff ... all of them.

We found Zach's by Googling seafood restaurant. We actually found an Italian Restaurant, and we also found great food. And plenty of it, we didn't have room for dessert, but what I saw would've been good.

We ordered a white fish dinner and a chicken parmigiana ... both were well prepared, and very good.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have lived in the neighborhood for 17 years, have driven past this place millions of times, but never paid attention. Until today. After googling "Italian food" and "Studio City," I came up with Zachs, and off we went.

The restaurant was mostly empty as it was 2:30 pm. That was the first good sign. I ordered a bowl of broccoli soup, which arrived immediately and was fantastic. Thanks to this plus the bread rolls, I was full. But I had also ordered the regular lasagna. Also tasty, but I could eat only half and the rest is in the fridge. Seven hours later I am still full. My wife had the cup of broccoli soup and the mushroom lasagna, but did not care for the mushrooms - a personal decision. She also found it hard to navigate the steel dish in which it was served. Similarly, she was pretty much done after the soup.

Lunch for 2 came in at $29 net. Service was friendly but not intrusive. I liked that the waiter did not ask how the food was. Pleasant decor. Only real gripe was misspelling of "complimentary" as "complementary" on all the valet parking signs outside. I would also like to see a bowl of sweets to swipe from on the way out. Definitely hope to make this my new neighborhood haunt.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice romantic little restaurant. Nice to sit outside if the weather's warm enough. The free garlic cheese rolls are super delicious,but you have to control yourself or you won't have room from your meal.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This place is great for Catering Events and lunches. I rarely eat at the restaurant, but the catering is good. Many places offer good Italian food, but I like the service that Matt, Al, and the staff provide.

Really nice people, and staff that will work with you on all Catering events.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Looking for a great place to eat at a reasonable price, then try Zach's. Close to Universal Studios.
Quaint, Complimentary valet parking. Service was fast.