“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Cross street: Vineland
Transit: Across the street from the Hollywood Bowl park and ride on Ventura Blvd. A short walk from Universal metro station.
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I love going to "Mom and Pop" restaurants, supporting locals feels good. Plus, the food and service is usually better. This was definitely the case with Zach's. I had the sea bass & my friend had the "faux" chicken parmesean, which was really good!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was staying at the BLVD HOTEL AND SPA LAST WEEK TOOK MY 5 YEARS OLD SUN TO THE UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD it was realy fun, Hotel was good , they recommanded me to go to this small restaurent it was real deal.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I go with a group of friends every week to drink, eat and hang out on the patio. A great casual environment along with nice casual italian menu. Pizza is great and I have never had a bad dinner...and I've had plenty there. Ask for Mike as your server.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Have been a regular here for years since we live in the neighborhood and can walk here. This place has actually been a favorite of mine, and I've gone regularly both for business lunches and in the evenings with my son. We've gone maybe every week or every other week. As members of their dining club, we also get discounts on meals (though recently the discounts seem to be coming more often than they used to, perhaps because of the below). While not the best italiant restaurant in the area, it's cheaper than Micheli's down the street and without the wait. On a summer's evening, it's wonderful to sit out on the patio. The wait staff can be irregular, but for the most part they are friendly and get our orders correct. I like the sangria and flavored martinis. My son likes the noodles, and I like the pizza. The rolls, when not overcooked and fresh, are to die for.

Over the last several months, I've detected a noticeable drop in quality. They seem to be cutting some corners in order to save a few bucks. They replaced the linguini, for example, with a lower quality noodle. They've stopped giving out taffe at the end of the meal (which was their signature thing). Skimping on sauces. Haven't noticed any changes to the pizza yet. My parents noted a drop in the quality of the chicken they normally order.

So regretfully I have to conclude that this will no longer be our neighborhood go to place and we'll be scaling back our visits, their aggressive discounting notwithstanding. Want to see how the trends continue over the next couple months, but If the place continues to be cut back, we will no longer be coming. It's a shame. It really was one of my favorites but all good things end.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Basic American-style Italian dining - too much garlic, hearty, soft bread, Ok, just do lunch or family dinner.