“great choice for dinner in Studio City”
Review of Lala's

Lala's
Ranked #677 of 10,244 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We come to LaLa's ALL the time. Fantastic service, not a huge menu but the steaks and chicken are always very well prepared and the sides are all tasty. This is my very picky teenager's favorite restaurant. They also have a great sangria.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Chef Rony made us a delicious trio of appetizers: Calamar Frito, Sarten de Champignon, and Provoleta, We knew we were already well fed and thought about skipping straight to dessert as there is a delightful selection! Instead we split a very Argentine dish: Milanesa Napolitana, a tender, thin breaded steak with sauce and a thick layer of melted cheese and memorable mashed potatoes! Why? We ate here several years ago and still remembered this very dish!

The restaurant has been renovated since our previous visit and has warm, sleek modern LA vibe. Lots of steel and glass!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Had dinner here last night, after a long time. Here are my thoughts:

The Good:

* My Mahi-Mahi special was really tasty. Loved the fresh fish and the sweet potato fries. Wasn't a huge fan of the zucchini...it was dry and needed flavor.

* Service was top notch. The waiter was amazingly nice and all the staff was eager to help in any way possible (ketchup, water, etc).

* Ambiance was great. Busier at dinner than it was the last time I went at lunch.

The Bad:

* My husband's chicken was dry and not of a very good quality. I wasn't a fan of his mashed potatoes either.

* Prices are a bit on the higher side...I think my Mahi was about $18?

The Bottom Line:

Not sure if I'll return because there are so many places to try on Ventura Blvd. I recommend at least one visit though!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The place represents excellent value for what you get, they give you complimentary bread with an excellent chimchurri sauce. Ive always had their steak here, and its always good. Comes with your choice of rice, salad, fried or mashed potato. The salad is simple, fries are good and rice buttery. Alcoholic drinks especially the sangria goes particularly well with our steak. Come early as this place is almost aways packed.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I wanted a steak on my last night in LA, but didn't want to spend a fortune, so my friend suggested his favorite joint, Lala's.
First comes the bread with that FANTASTIC dipping sauce! I could've filled up on that!
I had the Lomo Lala's and he had the Chicken Napolitana. Perfectly done, tender, tasty steak: just what I wanted!
I loved the atmosphere and the staff was top-notch!