“Does brilliantly what Japanese food does best.”
Review of Asanebo

Asanebo
Ranked #301 of 9,954 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Does brilliantly what Japanese food does best.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

All white fish and seafood dishes utterly wonderful. Delicious puddings and a great sake list too. A great find - especially as, like many great Japanese restaurants, it has an unprepossessing exterior.

1 Thank RoryS65

“Deliciously especial”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Asanebo is one of those rare finds one falls in love with. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and provide explanations as needed. The sushi is out of this world. If I lived Los Angeles I'd be an Asanebo regular.

1 Thank Roberto G
Los Angeles, California
“The. Best. Sushi.”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We went here on a whim after a day of driving around. We waited outside on the benches for about 30 mins, and were then sat at the sushi bar. What a treat. The daily specials (fish I had never heard of) were delectable. The staff is eager to give recommendations "Do you like yellow tail? Then I would recommend..." Sitting at the bar we were able to order whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted it. Had we been smarter we would have done the OMAKASE (chef's tasting menu). You can bring your own bottle of wine or order Sake and Beer from them.

Valet Parking
Great Location

• Visited May 2012
San Francisco, California
“Amazing Japanese food experience!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I came here after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and Yelp and I was really happy that I came. I called 3 hours before arriving at the restaurant on a Sunday evening and was able to get a seat. It is located in a small shopping area with about 15 parking spaces. I street-parked about 2 blocks away and walked to the restaurant.

Upon arrival, the staff was really friendly and asked me what type of food that I like/dislike. I told them that I love truffle, and the person who was helping me smiled. I knew I came to the right place at that moment!

I was sitting at the bar and my sushi chef was Mark. He is very friendly and great to talk to. I ordered the chef special and he made some amazing dishes for me. There were 8 courses included in my chef special meal and about a half of them came out from the kitchen, whereas the other half was made right in front of my by Mark. Of all the dishes that I had, my favorite was the Halibut sashimi with shaved black truffle on it. If I could pick what my last meal is, this dish would be it! It was amazing! All of the dishes were really delicious but that Halibut sashimi was just unbelievably good. It's amazing the amount of shaved truffle that they put on the sashimi.

I liked all the dishes that I had except for the dessert, which was black truffle icecream. It has great truffle flavor but because of all the chopped truffle pieces in the ice cream, the texture was very grainy and kind of killed it for me.

I love the amazing dining experience that I had in this restaurant and I will definitely be returning again next time I travel to LA.

• Visited April 2012
Woodland Hills,CA
“One of my favorite places”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is a great place! We always get the Omakase (the middle priced) and it is sooooo good! It is a small place, most of the time busy, but the service is very good. After a couple of visits, they remember your preferences- nice touch.

• Visited September 2011