“An education”

Hugo's
Ranked #148 of 10,971 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Healthy, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Patio seating with open windows & fountain, wraps around old craftsman building. Bright, cozy, lively interior. Original owner, Terry Kaplan's charcoal drawings line the walls.
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

I was recently in the Los Angeles area, visiting friends, and decided to stop at Hugo's for lunch. They have quite a varied menue. Everything from burgers and wraps to breakfast and salads. I decided to try the Rubin sandwich. Now keep in mind that I'm originally from the NY area and a Rubin is supposed to be made with either hot pastrami or corned beef, sauerkraut and thousand island dressing on grilled rye bread. It was quite a suprise when I realized it contained veggie salami. It's not there fault, it was mine. I should have read the menue a little closer. The place was busy and most of the other people eating, looked to be regulars. Thanks Chris for the great service. I'll be back, hungry and a little wiser.

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Been a Hugo's fan for decades both in Weho and in Valley. Haven't had a bad meal yet. Staff always friendly. Good quality ingredients and good cooks in the kitchen.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

I visited here with family and one member is vegan.

The waitress was great, she had a fun personality and was attentive without being in your face.

The variety of food on offer was extensive and they could be tailored to individual needs - allergies, vegan or vegetarian all catered for.

The coffee was plentiful and nice.

I had the Huevo Rancheros - lovely, and my youngest son had the pancakes... Fluffy.

It was a bit of a drive but well worth it.

Reviewed August 17, 2016

We're so used to going to restaurants, even "vegetarian-friendly" ones, where there are really only a couple of not-meat choices: for instance replacing meat in any dish with tofu. Not at Hugo's. There are many, many unique non-meat dishes as well as some good meat ones, too. I had an Indian plate that was a special right now, not on the menu. I also had a "latte" but made not with coffee but with frothed creamy goodness and lots of savory turmeric and spices. Several people in our party had breakfast-type dishes - everyone raved. The number of gluten-free dishes was also staggering, including breakfast foods that traditionally are difficult to find gluten-free. Check out the menu online. We did have to wait quite awhile on a weekend for a non-time brunch, but it was worth the wait.
Best of all, our party of eight-or-so stayed for two hours, and even with a line out the door, we were served, water kept filled, attended generously, and allowed to stay as long as we liked. I can't wait to come back and try more of so many choices.

2  Thank dmpdsc
Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Service was good. Food was incredible! We got the Cuban sandwich which was incredibly good and also chicken sandwich. The menu has gluten free vegan free items as well. You don't find this often.