“Vegetarians paradise”

Hugo's
Ranked #134 of 10,744 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Healthy, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Patio seating with open windows & fountain, wraps around old craftsman building. Bright, cozy, lively interior. Original owner, Terry Kaplan's charcoal drawings line the walls.
Reviewed May 29, 2012

They have great salads and so much more. I'd definitely stop by again.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Food was fresh and many creative healthy items along with your typical not so healthy items as well. Reminded me of a ny diner LA style.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

LA is a mecca for the gluten-free diner and Hugo's is a great choice to make everyone happy. The menu has something for everyone -- gluten-free, vegetarians, meat-eaters. The food and service is great and there is a fair bit of variety. There is also a Hugo's in Hollywood and a Hugo's Tacos (an eat-outside stand) in Studio City. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

This was my first time at the Hugo's Restaurant on Riverside in Studio City. I've heard about it, but experiencing it was great. I try to stay gluten-free; they have many many choices. If you want a carbonara, they'll offer you regular pasta, glutenfree pasta, kelp pasta, carbonara over brown rice, etc., etc. Now, I considered the carbonara, but the green tamales caught my eye, and were so delicious! On the plate were black beans and rice as well, but I couldn't eat it all - so I will finish my plate tomorrow for lunch! I ordered the traditional lemonade - and the refill was free. (They offer 4 kinds of lemonade, I think.) My partner had pasta Victor - with chicken, garlic and a pink cream sauce - also very good. And there were so many interesting choices on the menu - we will surely be back to try some of the others.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Hugo's features a wide variety of entrees and salads. There are many vegetarian options on the menu. Or, you can request an items served without meat or chicken - and substitute tofu instead. I had the Moroccan Chicken Tagine and my friend enjoyed a very large beet salad for dinner. I have also been here for breakfast and been very happy with the selection of items.