“Last night in LA”
Review of The Little Door

The Little Door
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Door is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 10,793 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1 block west of Crescent Heights at La Jolla
Description: Two simple wooden doors open up to quite a buzz in an otherwise romantic courtyard, where a colorful crowd hangs at the bar and lingers at coveted patio tables. Inside, seats spread throughout the candlelit house-turned-restaurant with intimate decor. Organic seasonal ingredients, creatively prepared and impeccably presented, characterize our unique menu.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Fabulous atmosphere, great food, but not cheap, but well worth it.Doesn't look much from the outside, but when you walk through the door it has the WOW factor. Excellent cocktails and very good service.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a delightful and quaint fine dining establishment. Can't understand why it doesn't get higher marks from TA. The venue is truly unique, and the food and service are definitely first class. This is a place you won't forget, especially if with your spouse or loved one.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This restaurant has a special place in my heart- my husband proposed to me there :)
I love their garden like patio. The food is always great so is the service. I love going there.

1  Thank freemaee
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I attended a hosted bridal shower at The Little door. There were about 30 people in our party, we sat outside on the vine covered garden patio. What a cute place this is!! Great atmosphere. The scallop and goat cheese appetizers, the gazpacho soup, and the Salmon were all delicious. Excellent Food and yes, a little expensive based on the prices posted online, but one would expect this given the fact that this is a trendy LA type, boutique restaurant where the rich and famous dine.

The best part of my dining experience at The Little Door was the service. The staff was great and genuinely nice. They made you feel welcome and the service was prompt and attentive.

This was my first visit to The Little Door, but hopefully not my last.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I recently arranged a group dinner with work colleagues here. From the moment we walked through the little front door and found ourselves in the inner courtyard, we were treated like old friends. The mediterranean cuisine really suits the location. I loved the feeling of dining under bouganvilla flowers and we could not really hear the traffic just footsteps away. Our group of seven sampled practically everything from seafood to lamb to vegetarian entrees. And it was a good thing we saved room for dessert, as their daily selections were excellent.