“Continues to Disappoint!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighborhood: North San Fernando Valley
Neighborhood: North San Fernando Valley
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I have been to Kyoto approximately 8 times. The first 2 or 3 times, I was pleased simply by the interesting menu selections and solid execution of the dishes. By the 4th visit, however, I came to realize that what absolutely drags this place down is the service. During my 5th through 7th visits, I thought this was due to the poor behavior exhibited by one particular server. Today, however, I realized that, with a new server, there was no difference. It's very simple. When one is paying moderately high prices for food, one wants to be served promptly, treated with courtesy, and attended to closely. Kyoto's servers fail on all 3 counts. Today, I dined with 3 family members. We waited too long to be even asked for our order, and the food was delayed for an unreasonably long time. We asked the server (a dark red-haired Asian woman) about our order several times, and she seemed actually to laugh these requests off, before finally promising us "30 seconds more." Further, the portions on some of the dishes, such as the spicy tuna salad, are far smaller than they should be for the money. Don't waste your time here when there are so many other good options in the area (Red Ginger on Ventura and California Roll and Sushi in The Promenade). I hope the restaurant will take the feedback and make some serious corrections.

1  Thank RichardS404

Reviewed December 12, 2009

My family has been going to Kyoto Sushi for many years. The people and the food keep us coming back...not to mention the price. Highly recommend.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 28, 2009

all you can eat sushi bananza for $30!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook