“VERY GOOD SUNDAY BRUNCH BUFFET”
Review of El Torito

El Torito
Ranked #2,479 of 10,877 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 30, 2016

They updated their Sunday brunch, nicer looking, more food choices..in spite of the fact, I'm a healthy eater, I was able to have a nice brunch w egg white scramble, spinach salad, ceviche, fresh fruit..they added seafood bar, more salads..there is tons to eat and flowing champagne, coffee..the hostess gave us a tour of the new layout which was nice..ceviche was really tasty...all and all would go again, service was good as well..$24 for all.

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

We ordered flavored margaritas which were delicious. Chips and salsa accompanied our drinks. The tortilla chips tasted like the oil they were cooked in, had an after taste and seemed stale. We asked our waiter to bring fresh chips which he did. They were better but not by much. We all ordered different dinner items but mine wasn't what I expected. I ordered a quesadilla but what arrived were two tacos with some fajita meat, cheese and shredded cabbage on the side. Very disappointing as this was not a quesadilla. We live in Texas where Tex Mex is a staple and this was no quesadilla. This didn't compare to Texas fare!

Reviewed May 11, 2016

We celebrated Cinco de Mayo here and had a delicious burrito dinner that included refried beans and rice and their famous corn pudding. We started out with their complimentary tortilla chips and salsa. The food is consistently good and plentiful. We called for reservations and only had to wait 5 minutes before we were seated. This was great because the restaurant was packed. The staff is always nice. Because of the holiday, there were strolling Mariachis, which added to the festiveness of the evening.

We’ve also eaten here for their daily lunch buffet which has a nice selection.

All in all, always a good place to eat, considering it’s a chain restaurant..

Reviewed March 5, 2016

I met with family for lunch, and the food really wasn't very good. We had combinations with a taco and enchilada. Very bland, even with adding salsa to the top. Not much meat or chicken in the enchiladas. Tacos were ok. Didn't care much for the salsa either, pretty plain tasting, no spice. perhaps they have a spicier salsa somewhere?!
I think the menu is pretty limited, as well. I suppose they want you to have the lunch buffet.
Service was good, however.

Reviewed September 17, 2015

I went to El Torito Restaurant in Woodland Hills. I had the lunch buffet. I wasn't all that thrilled. The main problem I found that the music was so loud that you couldn't have a conversation with the people you went to lunch with. We asked them if they could lower the music, but was told that the level it was at was the lowest it went. If I'm going to have lunch with friends, I want to be able to hear what everyone is saying.