“ALWAYS GOOD FOOD & SERVICE”
Review of Mel's Drive-In

Mel's Drive-In
Ranked #1,198 of 10,030 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Big Bear Lake, California
“ALWAYS GOOD FOOD & SERVICE”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I regularly go to this restaurant and the food is always good. Chris is by far the best waiter at the restaurant and they do a good job of remembering regulars and the types of food they like. The parking lot is a little small and finding parking can be a little difficult when the restaurant is busy. All told, it is a good place to grab a bite to eat and the prices are pretty good.

• Visited March 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Fun experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Good food, nice waiters and right in the middle of lots of fun during the academy award preparation.

Visited February 2012
Corona del Mar, California
“Good food, friendly, close to downtown walk of fame”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We liked it, quick and friendly service, our food was good, and we could walk to Kodak Theatre, Chinese Theatre, Walk of Fame, El Capitan, and it is connected to the Hollywood Museum.

• Visited November 2011
Buffalo, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Fun Authentic 50's Diner Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We ate here a few times during a 10 day stay in LA from our initial late night arrival at midnight to a early morning breakfast. Our party had varying eating concerns (vegetarian, low sodium, etc.). but Mel's staff was terrific in accommodating our special issues. My son loved their fresh, made to order thick milkshakes and omelets filled with whatever you could think of and more with a side of sweet potato fries. Others loved their french toast and amazing burgers. Personally I flipped over their Arugula Salad with roasted asparagus, homemade salsa and topped with two sunny side up eggs and toast on the side. Our waitress recommended it and after some convincing, I ordered it. OMG... it was AMAZING - a comfort food salad!!

They have several locations and I highly recommend that you check this restaurant out!

• Visited May 2011
Buffalo, New York
“Bad Service, Ok Food, Cool buser/chef”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We were staying at the Andez and were walking down the street and decided to stop here I'm kind of a history nerd and Mel's has a pretty good history. We went in and the greeter was a real nice girl and it ended up stinking because she was the waitress in section right behind us. Our waitress was this middle aged lady who was super spaced out and kinda looked under the influence. She greeted us with the, "What do you want", it was shocking what server does that? This gem proceeded to take our order and was gone, we each ended up getting warm smoothies mine and pretty average burgers which were delivered by the chef who was cooking them and also appeared to be the guy bussing tables to. He was a pretty friendly guy. The waitress shows up about 20 minutes later to drop the check. I was pretty angry because the waitress behind us the one who greeted us was telling her tables where to go and what to do. So i attempted to ask our server who stated oh she didn't know she was only out here to become an actress. This was it for me I never have done this before or again but I wrote a note on a check to give her tip to the cook/busser. I still use this awesome server is my worst server ever story your absolute LA sterotype server, trust me an actress can act good enough to protract money from my pocket. I can't give a one star because this individual did not represent all the workers but was our experience and I'd never go back.

• Visited October 2010