“Beautiful bar/restaurant but Overpriced”
Review of Senor Fred

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Cross street: Woodman
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This restaurant has a beautiful bar and very nice atmosphere. The food and drinks are very good but way overpriced.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I really like Señor Fred. The decor inside is cool and the service is great. I've had several dishes here but my favorites are: potato flautas, tamales, tortilla soup ( full of veggies) and the churros which are so light and flaky I could eat 3 servings. If you want a romantic dinner ask for 1 of 2 private raised booths...

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We didn't eat to Spanish music, but the atmosphere here is great. Indoor or patio seating, dim and classy for a mexican style restaurant. It's very popular and the food is great. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 11, 2011

I was taken here by 2 locals on Cinco du Mayo 2011 and the place was jammed packed at only 6pm. We were given the last remaining booth table for dinner and promptly ordered our frozen margaritas which were all fantastic. The only downside was the blended drinks came in plastic cups and not glasses. We ordered 2 entrees to share and a main each and along with the free corn chips with salsa we definitely over ordered. The portions were huge and my beef crispy tacos were delicious with just the right amount of sauce to ensure plenty of flavour but not too much to make it soggy.

For dessert I ordered the churros with chocolate and they were divine as the churros were crispy with soft centres and you can tell they were using fresh oil. Our waitress recommended them to us and she was definitely right. She was also a good sport even though she was being run off her feet due tto the larger than normal Cinco du Mayo crowd. She even gave my friend her flashing necklace thing, a small gesture but it put a smile on our faces and that's what service is all about.

Yes, the atmosphere is a little dark but I think it suits the experience and on the day I went, it was definitely a pretty young crowd.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

The decor is quite nice but the restaurant itself is dark to the point of distraction. We literally had to use our cell phones to see the menu. The first test of any Mexican restaurant is the guacamole. And unfortunately, they failed. The serving bowl was overflowing with a huge lettuce leaf and mounds of chopped tomatoes. Once you worked your way down to the avocado, you could tell why there was so much disguise involved. They infused way too much onion and jalapenos in the guacamole itself. It totally overpowered the dish. My friend had the chicken burrito. Instead of shredding the chicken and enfusing it with a ranchero sauce, they just chopped up big chunks of grilled chicken. Not at all what a burrito should be. I had the crab enchiladas. The vegetable side dish was swimming in garlic. So much so that it made the veggies inedible. The rice side dish was laced with frozen birdseye vegetables and was molded with an ice cream scoop resulting in a very sad display for the eyes and tastebuds. The crab enchiladas were ok. We didn't even bother with drinks. The total bill (before tip) was $60. What an incredible waste of time, money and calories. It really is a shame because you can tell they spent a lot of time on the decor. Too bad they could throw some money towards the actual food prep and some soft lighting.