“Delicious lunch”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Had a very nice lunch, situated in the pleasant surroundings of the Grove, near Farmer's Market.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is a nice place overall, just always crowded and the atmosphere isn't really genuine Greek. Calamari is good!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I has a wonderful afternoon of shopping at The Grove, which is super stylish and a joy, when I came upon a little Greek Meze restaurant. Being Greek i was instantly drawn to it. Paul, my waiter, was so great about making me feel really cosy even though I was dining alone. He made great recommendations and always came by to chat to me. He then seated 2 wonderful guys near my table and we all started chatting, eating and drinking together. Jason, a tv star in the making, also works there so made a great effort to let me know what was fabulous on the menu. You must have the saganaki which is drenched in ouzo, the grilled octopus, the fava beans, actually everything was great.
I would definitely go back. Any place that can make you feel that welcome as a solo traveller is fantastic.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

The waiter told me to go for it. My wife is Greek, she went for it and I shared. As the waiter said, "it's a taste of the Mediterrennean " Well everyone knows those folks live long so why not. But they are an acquired taste what with little eyes and tails and all. I don't usually do eyes but if you don't look too closely, they are like eating french fries, ....from the sea. Not great but not bad. A Greek staple. Gotta be good for you with all that omega 3.
This is a good, friendly, authentic Greek place with pleasant indoor and even more pleasant outdoor seating much like a Greek sidewalk cafe. It's at The Grove so there is a lot of passing action to watch.
I think some evenings have a live guitarist or some kind of music. I look forward to returning, if not for the smelts, for the lamb.

1  Thank Jacksmack
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The atmosphere, music and views are a plus to take into consideration to choose this restaurant. However the food have not a plus over other restaurants of the same type, excluding the entrees which are very good; for instance, the flamed Cheese is an excellent alternative.
The available space between tables is very reduced and may improve.