“Middle Eastern at The Farmer's Market”
Review of Moishe's

Moishe's
Ranked #3,484 of 10,306 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Moishe's is a little expensive. There are good alternatives for Middle Eastern food in the West Side of Los Angeles, but none of them are in the Farmer's Market. Like the other places in the Farmer's Market, you are paying extra for the venue. The Kebabs and Falafel are made to order so you will have a little wait for your food. I highly recommend the large selection of Middle Eastern Salads. The spicy Muhammara walnut salad/dip is especially good. Moishe's has a large selection of meatless options for vegetarians.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We went to the Farmer's Market just for a "walk around" and found Moishe's. The staff was brusque as other reviews have mentioned, but certainly not rude. We ordered a chicken kabob plate and were pleasantly surprised that we were given an option of light or dark meat on the kabob. The food is cooked to order, so the wait was fairly lengthy, but worth it. We had humuus and salad as our sides and they were all delicious as was the chicken. Glad we went.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was just at Moishe's and had a chicken shwarma plate with two sides- it was fantastic! I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Whenever I am at the Farmer's Market or the Grove I stop at Moishe's for some Middle Eastern food. While the appearance is not pretentious at all and the ladies at the register somewhat gruff, the food is really good and fresh. The tabouleh is just perfect, the greek salad great, the shawarma, gyros and kabobs just yummy. Portions are big, served on paper plates, though, and they don't take credit cards. Lines can be long at rush hour, but that is what you expect in Los Angeles, anyway.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I ordered a lamb gyro....which was delicious.

The two ladies behind the counter seemed put out that I'd interrupted their conversation....they then organised my meal with a man in the preparation area...all the time joking and swearing.
Nothing too bad....but the service could be a lot more professional.