“I rarely rate restaurants so you know it must have been special!”
Review of Pace

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kirkwood
Reviewed March 8, 2013

While I am big on hotel reviews, I rarely post anything on restaurants. However, a friend who used to live in LA recommended it and we were not disappointed. This is a small "neighborhood" place on Laurel Canyon about 3/4 mile north of Hollywood Ave. If you miss the entrance to the parking ($5.00 valet) and about the only option then turning around and getting back down Laurel Canyon Road (which we did eventually) is quite the production.

Once inside, it is a homey, comfortable place with at least a couple of dining rooms and a heated patio. There were three of us and we all had the highly recommended Cedar Plank Salmon ($26) which comes with a choice of two sides. All of the sides were excellent. Mine were spinach and root vegetables which was awesome. Olives and walnuts (complimentary) start the meal and a thick bread with a bean dipping sauce are also included. Three dinners and three glasses of wine were $130 tip included.

We talked with the manager, Scott, who was very informative. A very nice experience and we will be back.

Cheers.

Marius

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great food, great ambience. Salmon was my favorite dish, Service was spot on. Unique place that you should try out when in LA

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Was really looking forward to dinner at Pace, had been recommended and was glad to have got a table reservation. On arrival the small restaurant was almost full already with people waiting for tables in the entrance area, it had a good buzzy atmosphere. The food disappointed though, and perhaps I chose badly - I had rigatoni with a tomato & italian sausage sauce. When served, the sauce was hot but the pasta cold (I know restaurants have the pasta pre-cooked then quickly reheat to serve with the sauce, but clearly this pasta had not seen boiling water in some time). It was sent back, and a new dish arrived in good time. However, it just didn't taste that good unfortunately, very bland and uninspiring. My starter was pretty ordinary too. Overall not a good meal, but others in the restaurant seemed to be really enjoying it so think I was unlucky. As a result, I would go again if asked, but wouldn't recommend to a friend.

1  Thank Babyblackbird
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My friend, who is a local LA resident, recommended this place and we never would have found it if we were just driving around looking for a place to eat. I ate here twice in 4 days and both times the food and service were fantastic. The first time I had a pasta dish made with butternut squash and mustard greens. To die for. The second time I had the cedar plank salmon. Again, to die for. The chocolate cake, which we had to order with our meals, was light and incredibly rich. I cannot recommend this place enough. Our glasses always had water, we were treated like VIPs, the atmosphere is great. It's a dark restaurant, eclectic decor, and a great soundtrack was playing both times I visited. Bonus: The first night I was seated at the next table over from Meryl Streep. And the second bonus is that the house right across from the restaurant is Jim Morrison's old house. I am from the East so I don't know when I'll be back, but I'll never forget Pace!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My boyfriend took me there 2 weeks ago on a Sat night for dinner. Had a special crab salad with green goddess dressing- so good. Their bread is also quite good. I had their cedar plank salmon and that was the best salmon I have had in a long time. Excellent waitress and overall service. My water glass was always full and plates cleared promptly. I will definitely go back. Only downside is their locale and parking.