“Think we were unlucky, great atmosphere, food not so good”
Review of Pace

Pace
Reserve with OpenTable
Pace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #735 of 9,953 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kirkwood
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Think we were unlucky, great atmosphere, food not so good”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Was really looking forward to dinner at Pace, had been recommended and was glad to have got a table reservation. On arrival the small restaurant was almost full already with people waiting for tables in the entrance area, it had a good buzzy atmosphere. The food disappointed though, and perhaps I chose badly - I had rigatoni with a tomato & italian sausage sauce. When served, the sauce was hot but the pasta cold (I know restaurants have the pasta pre-cooked then quickly reheat to serve with the sauce, but clearly this pasta had not seen boiling water in some time). It was sent back, and a new dish arrived in good time. However, it just didn't taste that good unfortunately, very bland and uninspiring. My starter was pretty ordinary too. Overall not a good meal, but others in the restaurant seemed to be really enjoying it so think I was unlucky. As a result, I would go again if asked, but wouldn't recommend to a friend.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Babyblackbird

Warwick, RI
“Fantastic food, impecable service”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My friend, who is a local LA resident, recommended this place and we never would have found it if we were just driving around looking for a place to eat. I ate here twice in 4 days and both times the food and service were fantastic. The first time I had a pasta dish made with butternut squash and mustard greens. To die for. The second time I had the cedar plank salmon. Again, to die for. The chocolate cake, which we had to order with our meals, was light and incredibly rich. I cannot recommend this place enough. Our glasses always had water, we were treated like VIPs, the atmosphere is great. It's a dark restaurant, eclectic decor, and a great soundtrack was playing both times I visited. Bonus: The first night I was seated at the next table over from Meryl Streep. And the second bonus is that the house right across from the restaurant is Jim Morrison's old house. I am from the East so I don't know when I'll be back, but I'll never forget Pace!

• Visited November 2012
Simi Valley, California
“Unexpected great place”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My boyfriend took me there 2 weeks ago on a Sat night for dinner. Had a special crab salad with green goddess dressing- so good. Their bread is also quite good. I had their cedar plank salmon and that was the best salmon I have had in a long time. Excellent waitress and overall service. My water glass was always full and plates cleared promptly. I will definitely go back. Only downside is their locale and parking.

• Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Such a cool vibe and outstanding food”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We started going here a few months ago and it is not one of our standbys. I'm sure there are other places like this in LA but I've not been to a more relaxed, bohemian, just plain cool place...and they "bring it" on the food. Also the wine pricing is pretty good too.

Visited September 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Not as good as I remembered”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This used to be my favorite restaurant in Los Angeles.
We went again on a recent trip to Los Angeles and its not as good as it used to be.
The rib-eye was over done and the spinach was over cooked.
They do have a great selection of red wines.

• Visited August 2012