“Very good Creole!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Not New Orleans, but darn close. Not perfect, but a good rendition, I would do it again, but not the real thing, just a little missing.

Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

I don't know what food in New Orleans is meant to be like, so maybe my criticism is unfair, but there isn't much protein. I went for the seafood Jambalaya and got a bowl of rice in chilling sauce with a side of sweet potato coleslaw. Where is the meat, I wondered. After digging through the bowl of rice I found the two small shrimp and the 3 small pieces of sauage. I'm a bit dissappointed. The food is plenty spicy and not bad tasting, if I was vegeterian I would be happy, but I like my protein!

Staff are satisfactory and efficient, they get the job done but being a little friendlier and quicker to acknowledge you wouldn't go amiss.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I've eaten here many times and the food is always delicious. The po-boys, jambalaya, and gumbo are all good and I lived in New Orleans for eight years. Always a good value.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

This great little dive is located in the originial farmer's market. The red beans and rice are the best I have ever had. I also had fried fresh farm-raised catfish rolled in cornmeal. Yep, now that was really good. I miss that place already...

Reviewed January 17, 2012

We've tried Gumbo Pot last year and enjoyed it enough to come back again. The first time we ordered the catfish po' boy and even though my kids didn't think the want it, they ended up eating 3/4 of the sandwich! The Gumbo was good and spicy. Did not have any issue with the portion of rice vs. andouille sausage - good portion of both. This time we returned - hubby got the gumbo with collard greens side, kids split their own catfish po' boy and I ordered the half shrimp and half oyster po' boy. We all really enjoyed our second visit here. Everything was very good except for the collards greens. I do not like the tomatoes that are added to the greens. I like mine on the plain side and a little more cooked. Being that we have not been to New Orleans...yet, we are happy to get our cajun/creole fix here. Love the Famers' Market atmosphere.