“Loved everything about it!”
Review of Canter's Deli

Canter's Deli
Ranked #69 of 10,808 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Although I have visited Hollywood many times over the years, I have never been to Canter's until my last visit. The history of the place alone makes it worth visiting but then there is the food. YUMMY food too! I had the Rueben which was wonderful. The rest of my party of 7 all enjoyed their meals as well. We loved the bakery and picked up several goodies for on the road. The atmosphere is excellent and our service was terrific. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I hope to go there again on our next visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Canter's Deli offers an authentic West Coast deli-style experience. They have bar seating as well as booths and serve breakfast 24 hours a day. They also have a bakery serving fresh baked goods and a bar open most of the day.
The pastrami and the corned beef are their two signature sandwiches. It is served with fries and will run you $15, but it is easily enough food for two people in my opinion.
If you are a tourist, this is a great spot to go get some L.A. feel. The surrounding shops are interesting with several skateboarding shops on the block.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This quintessential LA deli has punk rock on the weekends (I will never fully understand California) but Animal a few doors down closed earlier than advertised and Canter's had good reviews for late night eats. I'm glad I didn't let the blaring music scare me off. The Rueben (corned beef, not pastrami) had freshly sliced meat, thick grilled rye and just the right amount of sauerkraut. But the star of this sandwich was the 1000 island- a nice acidity, creamy and a little on the sandwich and more on the side allows you to add more if you want it, and I did.
Man that was a good sandwich- best rueben I've ever had.
The rest of the menu looked great too- I'll have to go back and try it again, but it'll be hard not to get another rueben.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

You want atmosphere? Drop by Canter's after 2am, order the pastrami sandwich, sit in a corner with your sunglasses on (trust me, nobody will notice) and take in the scenery. Everything from the stereotype Jewish waitresses with flaming red hair and gigantic blue rimmed glasses to the strung out rock stars coming down from their fix, Canter's is a hilarious yet genuine reminder that the world is VERY diverse place.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Crowded but worth it. The portions are large and there is a good variety of deli food. Prices are reasonable and service is good. I had the matzo ball soup and it was great.