“My Favorite Bakery!”

Sweet Lady Jane
Ranked #7 of 184 Bakeries in Los Angeles
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: West Hollywood
Description: Sweet Lady Jane serves wonderful desserts, which range from cheesecakes, cookies, cupcakes, pies, tarts, brownies, lemon bars, to a delicious range of layer cakes made for all occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries and weddings. We serve lunch from 11:30am-2:30pm daily. Our soups, salads, sandwiches and bread is freshly made every day. We serve coffee using French press coffee pots and have a full selection of herbal and regular black teas. Every day at Sweet Lady Jane we produce true works of cake art that create unforgettable memories. Our masterful cake designers can tackle virtually any request. We use the finest and freshest ingredients in order to get our desserts moist and not overly sweet. We have constantly been rated one of the top bakeries in LA by numerous publications. If you would like to make an appointment to discuss your custom order, please call us at one of our two locations, 323-653-7145 (West Hollywood) or 310-254-9499 (Santa Monica). Our customers are also always welcome to come view our books of cake designs at the bakery for more inspiration. Allow us to help make a special impact on your most important occasions.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Sweet Lady Jane is My Favorite Bakery!! A place I must visit whenever I am blessed to be in SoCal. Love the Triple Berry Cake! The café is small, but enjoyable for lunch or dessert and coffee. I have been pleased with everything I have eaten there, but I have to say the sandwiches are huge, good to share or get half a sandwich and salad. There is a second location in Santa Monica, but I prefer the original.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Don't order dessert from the restaurant menu, make dessert a destination event and go to Sweet Lady Jane. The pies are absolutely outstanding. Avoid the cupcakes, they are disappointing.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The sit-down aspect of SLJ was not too fabulous -- it looks a bit rundown and cramped. The waiter was pretty helpful, but I thought it odd that the people in the front didn't know what was in the cakes that were being made in the back. It's probably okay to buy your cakes to go here, but I probably wouldn't eat in again.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have ordered birthday cakes for special occasions from Sweet Lady Jane but had never eaten a meal in the quaint restaurant. The curry chicken salad and tuna salad were delicious. It is a very small eatery on Melrose and if you are in the area it is worth stopping by for some pastries and a great lite lunch.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

i had breakfast at this place as I could not find anything else on Melrose on Sunday morning. It's not big, but quite cozy. The home-made granola with fresh fruit and yoghurt is really something you should try. Very tasty! Cappucino came in a big wide cup with a big layer of foam that tasted good.