“Delicious!”

The Griddle Cafe
Ranked #5 of 9,953 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Sydney, Australia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I ate here after looking at Trip Advisor and seeing great reviews. We weren't disappointed. The food was delicious (although we definitely ordered too much as the portions are huge). Try the banana pancakes and their French toast (yum)!
Good value for money. Definitely recommended this place for brunch.

1 Thank love_and_live_life

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York
“AMAZING! MUST GO”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Surprised that there was quite a wait on a Saturday morning but we waited around 40 minutes for a table for 2 people. The host was great about keeping you informed.

The place is decorated quite trendy.

There is a wrap around bar-like station that is cute but very uncomfortable to sit at. Honestly, if they took it out, there would probably be more seating.

I ordered a 1/2 order of the Original French Toast (it was incredible...didn't even need syrup).
I ordered a 1/2 order of Graham Cracker Cheesecake French Toast and it was to die for. However, it was quite sweet.

I couldn't finish both French toast pieces...took half of each back to hotel for a great late night snack!

My daughter ordered the Red Velvet Pancake. It was huge. It was very sweet. Tasted more like cake than a pancake. Not my order...not my taste...especially for breakfast.

The highlight was that they served fresh pressed coffee! It was so delicious.

I would definitely recommend this place and it is worth the wait!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank debdoodleNewYork
Los Angeles, California
“Sooooooo overrated!”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

My family and I visited the Griddle Café for breakfast on 2 different occasions. The first experience was okay - though the food was subpar, and they neglected to bring my chicken breast that I ordered (they only have pork products for breakfast meat, and my family doesn't eat pork). The second experience was absolutely horrible! We went back because we always like to give everything a second chance. Our waiter, after taking our order, never returned to check on us - had he performed his duties as a waiter, he would've known that I never received the chicken breast that I ordered - yes, they forgot the chicken breast again! Well, upon finishing our subpar meal, we chased him down and asked for our check. After 10 minutes passed, he never returned. We then caught his attention again, and he apologized and stated that he would get right on it. Another 10 minutes went by - and nothing. My husband walked over to him again and asked for the check - yes, this would make 3 times! Needless to say, we did not leave our normal 20%+ tip! As a matter of fact, we didn't leave a tip at all! I refuse to reward poor service! Upon walking out of the door, I guess the waiter noticed that we didn't leave a tip for his horrible service, and yelled "Don't come back!" Yes - I couldn't believe my ears, he actually yelled this at us! I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, return to this establishment - EVER!!!

• Visited October 2013
Dominican Republic
“good brunch”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

30min waiting at the door (weekand), huge pancake ( 1 for 4 pp), not very good scrumble eggs.. good value of money, easy position, fantastic staff, and good atmosphere

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Marcy P
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Yum, Yum, Yum, no.1 place in LA for breakfast.”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Chocolate and Banana pancakes coupled with French pressed coffee, yum yum - there's no better way to start the day and because the majority of people living in LA are on the Atkins you're always guaranteed a seat.

Breakfast is my favourite meal or the day (another trait I share with Leslie Knope), this place puts JJ's diner to shame. You can't find a better one in LA - if you love breakfast.

The coffee is divine, the pancakes are huge and thick. The atmosphere is lovely and if you're a tourist you will probably enjoy the experience of sitting next to one of the original 90210 cast members.

It's a lively and colourful place to take in LA culture.

• Visited September 2013