“Amazing food and Sangria!”
Review of Bossa Nova

Bossa Nova
Ranked #56 of 10,466 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Brazilian, Italian, Latin, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Description: Bem-vindo! It is our warmest pleasure to make your dining experience absolutely enjoyable. Our name Bossa Nova is derive from a genre of Brazilian music which was compose and written during the 1950's and 60's. This music is a fusion of samba and jazz of which has become the most popular music in Brazil. Bossa Nova is not a fast food establishment. We take our time to freshly prepare your meal. Our commitment for excellent food quality and ingredients goes back to 1993 when we open our very first restaurant in West Hollywood. It will be a great satisfaction to cook for you and make your dining experience with us deep gratifying. Aurelio & Francisco
Reviewed April 11, 2013

A friend recommended this restaurant and since we were staying close by we decided to give it a go. When we arrived, there was a 25min wait for an available table, we didn't mind as we thought it must be good if ts so busy especially as we've passed by 8 blocks of empty restaurants! We were right! I ordered the Manuella's pasta with cheese ravioli, it was the best pasta I've had! A lot of meat and spicy sauce, I didn't need to add any further personal touches (no salt/pepper etc). My husband has the fillet steak and it was delicious and cooked to perfection. The staff there were flawless in their service and very friendly. We loved it so much, we went back again before we left LA.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I love this place and go there over so many other great places in Hollywood, CA. I was raised in Brazil and the food here is totally nostalgic, yet gourmet and reasonably priced. You can sometimes park on the street, but otherwise you'll have to use the valet. I love the chicken Marsala, rice and bean and farofa, and their salads and fish are wonderful and huge.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

To begin with there's a nice mixed selection of american, brazilian music. Then the menu brings an even more tasteful selection for those who miss "tupinica" food. Amazing how they got the same final taste. This is not easy because we can't find the same brands for rice, beans, probably meat too. Pao de queijo is from Minas, I can tell you that. No room for desert this time...

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Heard about Bossa Nova from a friend and decided to check it out. I dined at the Hollywood location. They were very busy and restaurant is not very big. The Brazilian sangria (red) was very tasty. As an app we had the brazilian sausage. That app aloe could be a full meal! I had the steak they are famous for and my mom had the sea bass. Everything was good.

Tip: It is next to impossible to find street parking. Valet is $4.50.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

the food was super took us ages to pick as menu was extensive friendly staff and spotless clean the brazilan cheese bread was very tasty