“Good food and gluten free options”
Review of Sidewalk Cafe

Sidewalk Cafe
Ranked #362 of 12,399 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view, Large groups
Neighborhood: Venice
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The food was good and even though it was busy, we got our food pretty quickly. I was a little taken aback, however, that our server seemed bothered when I asked about the gluten free food. I have celiac and have no choice but to eat that way. Please treat your dietary needs customers with more kindness.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (578)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in for a food break on our walk and it was well worth it! Great location and great food. Gave a 4 star basis as the toilets were a bit of a mess and our wasn’t the most chatty person but service was still good

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rude, unprofessional service by 2 of their bartenders who made lame excuses when they didn't do what they said they would, a simple thing like changing the tv channel. The 1st one was older, somewhat homely chubby female (not the younger, cuter chubby one) who SAID SHE WOULD turn channel, 15 min. goes by and nothing, ask a second guy Gavin who said he would, again nothing. Then ask a 3rd guy who said would look into it. They both had lames excuses, 1st one had to ck. with mgr. (really, for that?) but never did, 2nd said someone could be watching existing channel, when we already established thru 1st one that they were not, I ask 2 people that could see and one didn't care then left and other didn't care, PLUS it was already on another tv! They just made excuses for being lazy and/or incompetent and were rude. I guess if I was stuck in a low level, low paying food service job (yes bartenders included) I would be bitter and angry too!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good food, good variety, clean and nice location. Good place to people watch. Cocktails are nice. Lively and energetic place

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019

Love sitting along the beach and People Watching and this is a go to if you wanna see Venice Beach Boardwalk and enjoy good food and a very reasonable price for Beachside. I have been coming for years and the service is always nice and amicable....little slow on sundays but then again its always vacation there ...