“Good food and great view”
Review of Sidewalk Cafe

Sidewalk Cafe
Ranked #147 of 10,202 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Venice
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food is good and service is fast. You have a front row seat to watch the scene on the sidewalk. Visit the Small World Books next door. It is an independent store with good recommendations of books.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you want an authentic burger while looking out at the whacky world of Venice Beach from a shaded casual beachside table, then the Sidewalk Cafe is the perfect place to be.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Location can't be beat. You're dining outside on the Venice Beach Boardwalk.

Seated quickly but waited more than 30 minutes before the waiter took our order. The waiter did acknowledge us several times saying "I"m sorry. It'll be a few minutes." The restaurant was packed, but I've eaten at packed restaurants with good service.

Food was okay, but my son and I got another table's order. We were both so hungry that we ate it anyway. Waiter was extremely nice. He thanked us repeatedly for being so patient.

Bathroom was pretty clean given the location.

I'd definitely eat here again, but not if I'm in a hurry.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We always enjoy our breakfast at the Sidewalk Café. If you are going on a weekend, go early or be prepared for a wait for a table. But it is worth the wait! In addition to breakfast, they have great sandwiches and Bloody Mary's made with vodka (not rice wine like others do). This time I had the tuna melt and it was very good.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have eaten here twice now, in the last two trips to LA. I love Venice Beach with it's hippy, boho feel, and the Sidewalk cafe offers fantastic breakfasts - some of the best scrambled eggs I've had! And great opportunities to watch as all the people go past, set up their stalls, and enjoy the feel of the beautiful beach.
Really nice people serving as well. The menu offers many different choices.