“Incredibly slow service. Okay food. Great location.”
Review of Sidewalk Cafe

Sidewalk Cafe
Ranked #315 of 10,746 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Venice
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Location can't be beat. You're dining outside on the Venice Beach Boardwalk.

Seated quickly but waited more than 30 minutes before the waiter took our order. The waiter did acknowledge us several times saying "I"m sorry. It'll be a few minutes." The restaurant was packed, but I've eaten at packed restaurants with good service.

Food was okay, but my son and I got another table's order. We were both so hungry that we ate it anyway. Waiter was extremely nice. He thanked us repeatedly for being so patient.

Bathroom was pretty clean given the location.

I'd definitely eat here again, but not if I'm in a hurry.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We always enjoy our breakfast at the Sidewalk Café. If you are going on a weekend, go early or be prepared for a wait for a table. But it is worth the wait! In addition to breakfast, they have great sandwiches and Bloody Mary's made with vodka (not rice wine like others do). This time I had the tuna melt and it was very good.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have eaten here twice now, in the last two trips to LA. I love Venice Beach with it's hippy, boho feel, and the Sidewalk cafe offers fantastic breakfasts - some of the best scrambled eggs I've had! And great opportunities to watch as all the people go past, set up their stalls, and enjoy the feel of the beautiful beach.
Really nice people serving as well. The menu offers many different choices.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Sidewalk Cafe is a great place for breakfast with a terrific view of the famous Venice Beach boardwalk. The menu is very varied and the food was really good. A great place to chill out right by the beach and watch the world go by.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Tasty breakfast to start your day off with a Good view of the lively boardwalk! Coffee refills too! Omelette were yummy!