“Best Italian in LA!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Venice
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Definitely in my top 3 Italian restaurants of LA (no, Valentino is not on that list...)

We've eaten here a few times along with celebrating my sister's birthday here one year and they were more than accommodating to our party of 8.

Of course the pasta is all homemade and served perfectly 'al dente'.

Best thing on the menu? The rabbit bolognese with their homemade beet pasta. I had no idea something could taste that good and if I had one last meal on earth, that would be at the top of the list.

Wine selection is excellent. Service is excellent. A bit pricey and if you're not looking to 'splurge' for that special occasion, Casa Ado at the Venice Pier offers virtually the same quality food for a fraction of the price.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Freshly made pasta with ingredient combinations I haven't been able to get anywhere else. The Arugula Bamboo shoots salad is my favorite in LA. Great waiters who are expressive and passionate about the food and wine. Really fun place.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Ado is a special place with wonderful unpretentious atmosphere, exceptionally flavorful and fresh food. A special wine list that can go big on price. You walk up stairs in what looks like an old house and feels as cozy. Lit by candles only, the staff knows the food and menu very very well. the pastas super fresh and they truly do it right here.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Whilst working in California some friends took me to Ado as they know my favourite food is Italian.
I have travelled all over Italy and been to many Italian restaurants world wide and I can say without a doubt I had probably the best plate of pasta I have ever had the pleasure of eating, fresh beet homemade pasta cooked to perfection on taleggio cheese fondu with a partridge ragu which was rich enough not to be over powered by the taleggio, simply delicious!! The other items where good but the pasta left lasting memories and I will be going back just for this!! The only reason I marked the restaurant down slightly was because the Italian waiter we had was a bit full of himself and not very helpful and guys just a little tip, I speak fluent Italian as do many people that I know although not of Italian decent......enough said!!!!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went here with our 8 yr old, they made her a delicious pasta for $12. Italians love children and here they are mostly all Italian. I ordered the home made ravioli with aged cheese and shaved truffles $50. It was very good but the truffle pasta I consumed in Rome last year had a greater intensity to the shavings, but they were very generous with the amount. The other dish was "spaghetti alla chitarra con melanzane fritte pesto e ricotta salata" $22. we were very full and could not eat desert. I had two glasses of wine $16 each but good. All restaurants in LA are very dark, too dark for us, I can only put to down to the concern people have to look their best at all times. In the total dark we are all bella, non? I would go back here in a flash. I can imagine famous people would go here, it has been open 4 years. We were there early at 7, but I would book for a later table.