“Some good---Some not so good”
Review of Sushi Roku

Sushi Roku
Ranked #883 of 10,202 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: La Cienga Blvd.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have eaten here several times in the past---so my concept Labor Day 2013
Ambience - got a little louder, but still attractive & well maintained.
Service - from the valet service to Haley our server, very capable, very polite.
Food - not wonderful ! Crispy asparagus/great. Miso soup/salty. Tamago good, but no rice, no wasabi. Toro 2 pieces $18 no wasabi rice meh. Shima roll good. Kept smelling old oil from somewhere(Impossible)-possible, ordered tempura, vegetable & shrimp smell of old oil, heavy batter, cooked unevenly. Lately neighborhood sushi bars are providing better dining than big names trying to drag in big drinkers---a shame

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I can still remember the taste of Sushi Roku from a trip back in May 2013. The ambiance is warm and very lively. The service is impeccable and the wait time for your dishes to arrive is optimal.

While my friend and I nibbled on some edamame the waitress helped us personalize our order based on things we liked to eat. So as always I had my favourite Katana roll (Crab roll in rice paper with sesame seeds topping). She also recommended we have the crunchy tuna roll - an LA favourite. Both were excellent and so were the hand rolls.

Big thumbs up for this restaurant. I will go back again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Ambiance: The Restaurant is very dark, which we are not so fond of.
Service: Excelllent
Food: Excellent, but pricey Sushi - within Walking distance to the garden bed and Breakfast.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

After the other meal across the road we werent too sure about trying another Jap restaurant... but we were both craving for sashimi so we gave Sushi Roku a try. The setting was beautiful and the food was great! Very nice Japanese + fusion dishes... we enjoyed it very much!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Visited this restaurant many times for dinner and it never disappoints. Recently, I stopped by for happy hour. The menu is small but covers a great selection of both hot and cold dishes starting at just $3 for a hand roll. The food is delicious with a lot of fish on offer .Albacore, salmon, tuna, shrimp and some vegetarian rolls. My favourite is the spicy tuna on crispy rice dish and the miso glazed eggplant.
At these sort of prices can try a number of dishes to share and also have some cocktails which are $5 during happy hour. They have great martini's and exotic sake blend cocktails which amazing!
Make sure you stop by, you will be glad you did!