“Best street food you'll get in a restaurant”
Review of Gloria's Cafe

Gloria's Cafe
Ranked #783 of 9,979 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Westside
Vancouver, Canada
“Best street food you'll get in a restaurant”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I started enjoying Gloria's food when she was inside a purple clapboard "restaurant" off Olympic Boulevard in the 80's. Fresh, delicious, and made with love, I spent a good chunk of my paycheque every week by lunching there almost every day. I moved away and have seriously missed this amazing Mexican-Salvadoran fusion food. When I was last in Los Angeles I learned that she had moved and much to my delight, the food is as delicious as ever! I adore the pupusas, but the pork, rice and beans, the chips & salsa, the tortilla soup - everything is good. This was my first visit with dessert, though and the sweet empanadas were the perfect end to a great meal.

• Visited March 2012

Arlington, Texas
“The Papusas - Incredible”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

There was a bit of trepidation when we first walked in since we were the only people in the place. However, soon we realized that we were just a bit early as the place filled up quickly. Having the Salvadoran Regia Beer served in a quart size bottle was a great start. Appetizer was the 2 papusas for $4.50 - cheese & herb and pork & cheese. These may have been some of the best papusas I have ever eaten. Really flaky on the outside and oozing on the inside. I'd go back in a heartbeat just for those. Based on the reviews we got the Adobada and while it wasn't as transcendant as advertised, it was a very good dish. The sauce was fantastic but the beef was a bit tough. The rice was as good as rice gets, but the beans were just kind of there - nothing remarkable.

Service was great and the ambiance was a lot of fun. As I mentioned earlier, go for the papusas - they are out of this world.

• Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Favorite local Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I come here every now and then to enjoy a good service and satisfying dinner after a long day. I like almost everything that I've tried from their menu, include the variations of pupusa, enchiladas, tamales, tacos, burritos, and (love especially) the coctel campechana. Easily one of my most favorite local restaurants and often would recommend to my friends/visitors from out of town.

• Visited June 2012
Conroe, Texas
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This place is awesome! I had the Carne Adobada and a pitcher of Sangria, which were suggested. Both great, even had enough leftovers for the next day. Gloria and her staff were great. Will go back next time I am visiting L. A.

• Visited September 2012
Redondo Beach, California
“Quaint place with great food!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Ordered the chicken tortilla soup and we shared a large pitcher of sangria. Both were incredibly delicious and the portions large.
A must try !