“Scrumptious!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Westside
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband had the Carne Adobada and I had the #7 (Tamale, Taco, and an Enchilada). I haven't had Mexican/Salvadorian food that good in a long time. The servers were very attentive and Gloria even came out to see how all the current guests were doing and if they were pleased with their order. They mentioned that we should come back and see them, which I'd love to do as much as possible, if I weren't 2 and a half hours flight away. We're only sorry that we were too stuffed to have dessert. Don't miss this restaurant.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was the culinary highlight of our recent 12 day trip through California, that included several more expensive restaurants. The food here is both typical burrito/taco Mexican and Salvadoran. Our family had both, but really loved the Salvadoran food, and this was our first experience with authentic food of this type. I highly the Carne Adobota, which tasted to me like a pork stew with a very distinctive and delicious sauce. Gloria was there herself and made our family feel very comfortable as out of towners.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Met Gloria (so nice) had the two items that she made for Guy Fieri Fantastic Beef & Onion dish and 7 mare soup!!
All beyond good approaching a 10

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Bottomline - I saw this place on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (DDD) and I knew then that if I was ever close enough to get to this location, I had to give it a try! Holy cow...I was NOT disappointed! This place has some down-right GOOD food! I ordered what Guy Fieri featured on the show...the Carne Adobado. It was really very good!!! The restaurant is small and you would miss it if you didn't know it was there but it is so worth going to! The owner/staff were all very friendly and took good care of us. We asked about their DDD experience and they even allowed us to take some pictures they have hanging in a small portion of the restaurant. If ever back in the area, I would go back again but next time try the Seven Seas soup that was also featured on the show!

Reviewed January 9, 2012

If you're one for ambiance and decor, this place isnt for you, so stop reading NOW. However, if you like really authentic mexican and El Salvadorian food you'll want to read more. The place doesn't present itself as anything more than portrayed on, "Diner's Drive-in's and Dive's." But the service, the food and the packed dining room will confirm any question you had about coming here.
We arrived on a sunday before 6pm. The room wasn't fully packed yet, but was filling fast. We were promptly greeted and served fresh tortilla chips and homemade salsa. Both excellent! My kids ordered a dish called, Carnitas Adobado. It was a pork dish with a spicy sauce. Served with mexi-rice and refried beans. I had a similar version called, Bisteqa(spelling here) similar to the carnitas, but w/beef, not pork as is the case with the adobado and black beans w/rice accompanied. My fiance enjoyed the sopa de pollo. She wasn't overly hungry and figured the chicken soup would hit the spot. Well... The chicken soup they serve you is basically an entire chicken in a huge bowl with whole veggies! The chicken and veggies were fantastic! The broth was something i've never tasted and unbelievably good!! We were amazed and will be back!