“Great food and awesome service”
Review of James Beach

James Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
James Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 10,305 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Venice
Cross street: Pacific Avenue
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I went to James Beach on a sunny Sunday afternoon around 1 PM. We were sat promptly at an outdoor patio table. The ambiance is beachy, but clean. We were greeted by our server and we ordered a pitcher of the red sangria. Delicious! Instead of regular bread, we received orange raisin scones with rasberry jam dip. So good. We both ordered the mahi mahi fish tacos and after about 10-15 minutes, they were brought out. They were awesome! It's kind of a create your own with tortillas, black refried beans, pico di gallo, gucamole, and salsa verde. Loved it. Orlando Bloom even showed up with his dog! It was close to $100 for lunch including tip, but it was worth it. Overall, an awesome experience that I highly recommend.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Used to frequent this place about 8-10 years ago when it was all the rage in Venice, came back for a visit and well...it's STILL GOIN'! It was packed on a Thursday night, but we sat right down in the restaurant area, the service was GREAT...got served with cocktails and order taken within a few minutes. The menu is great too...lots of variety, including good eats for vegetarians. ;) I ordered the tofu tacos ...YUMMY! The price is reasonable too, I suppose, for the great location.

After dinner, we went to the bar area next to it, and WOW it was happenin'! Very busy, very fun. Great for socializing and meeting new people. A+ for our night...stayed 'til closing time! :D

Reviewed November 22, 2012

My first trip to James Beach was a wonderful experience. The reservations were on time. We had just enough time to order a drink from the bar. The bar was crowded with people, but the bartender saw us and promptly filled our order while we waited 5 minutes for our table. This was very nice to not have to get a bartender's attention to place an order. A+ on the cocktails.
We were seated at a booth by a very nice waitress from Texas. She explained the menus, gave us enough time to review and discuss, and then returned for our appetizer orders. We had oysters on the half shell and calamari. Both were fabulous, BUT the Oysters were divine. small but very flavorful. Not the type we get in the south. A+. I ordered the filet special. It was cooked medium rare, as I ordered it. I substituted the fries for the fried onion rings. They may be the best onion rings ever. A+ on the steak and rings! The others with me had been before and had the salmon tacos. A+. There was an organic small batch vodka martini on special, a local distiller (I think) A++ on the tini! Just noisy enough and not too noisy for conversation. It was a very happy place and I thought it was great!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very cool restaurant in Venice beach. Friendly and good looking staff! Food was amazing, wine and beer resonable price and meals very yummy

Reviewed October 3, 2012

this place was all the rage back in the day(late 90's) and still has great food, service, and ambience, white table cloth sort of place without being stuffy, actually sort of fun, very attentive, manager even came over to make sure everything was in order.

1  Thank fancysky