Jar
Reserve with OpenTable
Jar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #805 of 10,299 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: North Harper Ave
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was last here for a birthday dinner hosted by others. In all fairness, the others enjoyed their food but mine was dry and tough (lamb shank) and I had to send it back, not my favorite thing to do. Last time I was here I was also unimpressed but didn't review it at that time. I would recommend it to steak lovers and from my table mates would say the sides were good as well. My returning the meal saved my host almost 100 dollars so choose carefully.... I would think your experience might well be better than mine but I can only share mine!

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We thought the atmosphere and service in here were a highlight. We came in for a dinner and were pleasantly surprised by dimmed lights and a trendy decor. The staff were very impressive - friendly yet not annoying.

My husband had the special lobster salad as an appetiser and it was fresh and tasty. I had the market cherry tomatoes with pesto. Although they were fresh and light, I thought they were served with way too much cheese.

My husband's main was a 14oz Rib eye steak, which was cooked perfectly but the béarnaise sauce wasn't particularly tasty. I had the signature pot roast and it was great!

We shared a butterscotch pudding for dessert, which whilst yummy, was not like a pudding I am used to - more of brûlée/mousse.

Wine selection was excellent. We would come back here.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The service and food was all great, the staff very friendly. We were a party of 12 and the service was great. The oysters were perfect. The pot roast was excellent, everyone enjoyed all the items they ordered. The wine list was excellent with great wines. One of the most enjoyable dinning experiences we have had anywhere.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a Los Angeles treasure with a broad menu of meat, braises and fish. Side dishes are outstanding. Drinks are creative. Don't miss a chance for a terrific dinner at a modest price for the quality level.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

One of the few steakhouses that does sides and vegetables beautifully. We received excellent service from the time we walked through the door and throughout the evening. The oxtail and potroast were fabulous.