“Mandrette is now terrible”
Review of Mandarette

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Orlando
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been going to Mandrette for close to 15 years. back in the day it was simply the best most elegant Chinese food in Hollywood. We went last week & it was absolutely disgusting.
The shrimp tasted off, the mongolian beef was like shoe leather. The fried rice was horrible. I would not feed this stuff to a dog. So sad what happened to this place. Really got me angry that I wasted so much money on garbage. So after 15 years of being a loyal customer & bringing many clients here I will never return. Insulting rip-off.

1  Thank squibjib
There are newer reviews for Mandarette

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My friends and I go here very frequently when we feel like having Chinese food. It truly is the best chinese food you will find hands down. The service is great, the staff are very courteous and the dining room is fine as well. I am Asian and know what is good and this place is definitely very very good in quality and selections. Thank you Mandarette for existing! Tim Lee

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Food and service were both excellent. Ingredients were fresh and food was very tasty. Service was attentive, prompt and very helpful.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Mandarette used to be a nice place for carefully-prepared Chinese food. We used to eat there or order delivery regularly. Quality has fallen off seriously in 2012. After an eariler disappointment, we decided to try Mandarette again. The vegetables were oily and overcooked. The garlic snow peas were mush, except for the unremoved strings. The soba noodles were so overcooked as to be more like thick paste. The orange peel chicken was tough and oily. The only dish that had its good old character was the ginger asparagus. The food wasn't just disappointing this time. It was terrible. When we voiced our concern, we were not treated rudely, but the attitude seemed to be one of unconcern, eagerness to move on to the next customer. We are eager to find a good traditional Chinese restaurant--like Manderette used to be.

2  Thank joel m
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I love when an ethnic food tastes exactly as you have been craving and you know they did it just right - as authentically as if you were visiting the country itself - that is what Mandarette did for me - took me right back to my childhood when we lived in Mainland China - thank you Mandarette!