“It's French, but...”
Review of Little Next Door

Little Next Door
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Next Door is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #265 of 10,091 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1 block west of Crescent Heights at La Jolla
Description: As an extension of The Little Door, Little Next Door is a modern French brasserie featuring farm-fresh seasonal fare serving daily weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. The menu highlights both classic and French forward dinner specials, sandwiches, salads, freshly baked organic breads & pastries, egg dishes and a variety of our famous jams and preserves with a diverse selection of wines from around the world.
Culver City
“It's French, but...”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Went to dinner with my ex. Her treat, but I could have passed. Escargo was fair. Have had it in Paris, where it was really special. Not here. Steak was really chewy, finally asked the waiter to take it away. He still charged us, and never offered a replacement, which surprised me. French fries were only passable, and the chocolate mousse was nothing to write home about. I remember Cafe Moustache. They knew how to make a mousse.
I have to go back, as she said I had to try the chicken, so I guess I'm hooked. I felt so bad about the food I paid the check. I'll let her pay next time, if the chicken passes muster. But I'm not holding my breath.

Huntington Beach, California
“Charming French brasserie”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were in West Hollywood, looking for a place for dinner and happened upon the Little Next Door--we were very happy with our choice. This restaurant, has great food and even greater prices, considering it's location and classic French bistro-type food. Especially wonderful is the Prix Fixe menu, three courses for only $28, where diners can choose ANY entree on the menu. C'mon where are you going to find something like that anywhere, and particularly in West Hollywood? I had a generous salad to start, Beef Bourguignone, then a chocolate souffle and all were excellent. The setting is quite charming, with most diners sitting outside on their sidewalk patio, making you feel part of the West Hollywood scene. Parking, as other diners have mentioned, can be a problem; however we were there on a Sunday night when the area was less crowded and fairly easily found a metered spot on 3rd Street a few blocks down. I highly recommend this spot and will be back again, perhaps for brunch or lunch.

Birmingham, Alabama
“little bit of France”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A very nice spot for breakfast or lunch on a weekend in LA. Good food, good wine list and good service. Parking is nightmare.

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“It's next door to the Little Door”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Of course there are cons: parking, for instance, is always a nightmare, unless you like vallet. It can take a while to get seated and get server's attention after the initial meet-and-greet. So, you are always better off if you know your ways around here, know what you want from the menu and can order fast. There is nothing outstanding about the food either, but the outdoors patio is great, the coffee is good, so are teas (and they have Kuzmi teas for sale too), the bread and pastries are yummy. So, overall, it's a nice place to be either for breakfast or with a glass of wine and cheese platter on a warm evening.

• Visited May 2013
Massachusetts
“A very good brunch”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

M y wife and I took my mother and my aunt for brunch and it we all liked it there. This is a brasserie and when my daughter visited LA in June they went to their main restaurant The Next Door for dinner. They liked it there, but we were looking for lunch and my daughter recommended this place as the food should be similar. I had ahi tuna for appetizer and it was good. For main entrees my ladies chose Provence Fettuccine (I tried a bit of that and it was very good but I would put less olive oil into it), Shrimp Fettuccine (my aunt liked the shrimp but not the pasta) and my wife had Grilled Marinated Daurade Fillet (I tried a piece of it and it was very good). I knew my mom and aunt both like Pinot Noir so upon our server's advise I ordered a bottle of Louis Latour Pinot Noir and everybody liked it. We were about to have a tea at my aunt's house after this brunch and decided to buy four different fruit cakes from them. All were fresh and vey tasty. The server was very courteous and helpful. All in all we enjoyed our time at Little Next Door.