“Authentic Indonesian Meal”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Westside
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Traveled 15 miles to get to Ramayani and it was worth the drive. All of the usual things you find in Indonesian restaurants but Ramayani had the Gulai Kambing I like so much. Fast, friendly service and excellent food. Many vegetarian dishes. Very much worth the time to find.

1  Thank flh65_10

Reviewed November 24, 2013

After living and working in Indonesia for over 13 years, I often long for many of the foods I enjoyed there. This restaurant was a very pleasant surprise during my recent visit to LA. I wasn't able to taste everything on the menu but of the dishes I had, they tasted exactly spot on. I knew I was in the right place when I walked in and smelled the fragrances so distinct to Indonesian food. Another good indication were the number of tables occupied by Indonesian speaking eaters. I went back 3 times in 2 weeks. If you aren't familiar with Indo food, you must start here! On my last visit, I loaded up on the sambals and other ingredients they offer for sale to take home.

1  Thank James M
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have traveled the world and I must say, when I arrive in LA, and go to Ramayani in Westwood it feels that I found a piece of Indonesia. The restaurant and the food is exactly what you experience in Indonesia. Even the family that runs this restaurant are true to honest home cooking, the best fresh ingredients and a service like you come home and leave your worries behind. The restaurant is small, and has the feel of a living room at Bali. This is one of the few restaurants where you can eat every night and you will never get bored with the food. The resoles are amazing, as well as the bihoen and the lamb. In short: Authentic and honest.

1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We attended with friends who had lived in Indonesia. The food, new to us, was wonderful. We started with lumpia,then beef and tripe soup, gado gado salad, lasmb stew, squid.
Everything was excellent as was the service.
It was a very cold night but the warmth of the staff and restaurant made if very cozy.
We were assured everything was authentic which made it also a "learning" night.

1  Thank DOCBABE_SCOUT
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was there with my wife and friend who are from Indonesia. I let the two of them order. Our food items were of good size so we shared. I've been to Indonesia many times and the food here was top notch authentic.

1  Thank S2R27