“Authentic and delicious Spanish cuisine!”
Review of La Paella

La Paella
Ranked #676 of 10,346 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Description: We pride our self as the best Spanish Restaurant in Los Angeles. Our house specialty is of course Paella that we cook 7 different ways. We serve authentic Hot and Cold Spanish Taps, soups, salads, meat, fresh fish and specialty dishes. Sangria - Beer - Wine
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Quaint, charming with great service and food. This is one of my favorites places to eat in LA. The food is authentic and even the servers speak Spanish with that Castilian lisp. Really made me feel like I was in Spain again. The jamon serrano, tortilla espanola, and paella were simply delicious. I'll definitely keep coming!

1  Thank J Lee S

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Enjoyed a lovely evening meeting old friends in a great atmosphere with good food and good cerveza. Paella was good. Whats not to like.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been to this restaurant three times over about five years. i would have gone more frequently ...but I don't live in LA. The food has been consistently great over the years. This is a small restaurant with great atmosphere. The wait staff is pleasant. The food arrives timely. The food is fresh and very tasty. This is wonderful for a date night or a leisurely lunch. My son lived in Spain for six months and says the food is very authentic!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a lovely quiet restaurant, a place to enjoy an intimate outing. The tables are elegantly set the lights are comfortably dimmed and the atmosphere is "like at home."
Service is helpful, friendly and not rushed. The owner was on location, which is always good.
We had a few starters which were all tasty. As a main dish we ordered Paella for four.
Here I have some criticism. First, they do not serve single portions. So if your companion does not want this dish, or wishes to have a different Paella variety (they offer quite a few), or 'no garlic please,' you are stuck between buying two portions per person, or none at all. There is no reason why the restaurant cannot serve one portion in a smaller Paella pan, particularly in view of the restaurant's name.
As for the flavor of the Paella. Those who have eaten Paella in Spain, know that the dominant flavor is always the saffron. Now, I know saffron is expensive, but in a place that calls itself La Paella, one expect real saffron flavor in the dish. This is not only the fault of this restaurant. I am yet to find a generous authentic saffron flavor in any Spanish restaurant in the USA. I promise to report if I find one.
Otherwise, or if you do not like the taste of saffron, I recommend La Paella wholeheartedly. We did not have desserts. We did have good time.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Flamingo Music mixed with a bit of Julio Inglesias in the background. Wonderful assorted Spanish plates decorating the walls along with a Picasso prints on the walls and then the wonderful smells from the kitchen Was I really in Spain, no just in a really nice spot on San Vicente Blvd. in LA. We were in a rush so the Tapas was our best bet. Shrimp, Calamares, Olives, potatoes in a wonderful spicy sauce, etc. Really nice lunch. The staff was very attentive and helped us very quickly. the Paella looked great, we just did not have the time. We will return for a much more relaxed meal. DO not miss this spot.