“Delicious Delicate and delightful Pizza”

Abbot's Pizza Company
Ranked #403 of 13,142 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Venice
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

As I passed the restaurant it was very busy, I decided to return an hour later. The pizza slice I ordered was called Bianca an Abbot Pizza original. From the first bite to the last bite it was so good. My taste palate was stimulated with wonderful flavors. The crust was crunchy and tasty. Moderately priced I will come back again and again. The water was great too. The help was attentive.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a reviewReviews (148)

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Delicious, fast and reasonably priced - such a great place to eat. We are a family of four, and loved that we could choose different slice flavours. The highlight was the Salad Pizza - seriously, give it a go, you won't be disappointed. Four of us had dinner for $20.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

The Chicken Piccante is one of the best pizzas I've ever had. I loved the "bagel-like" crust, toppings were great, the spicy dipping sauce that came with it was great too. Scheduled delivery for 8pm and it arrived bang on time. Altogether great.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed November 16, 2017

This sorta hole in the wall pizza outlet does what it does pretty well. Big yummy slices for a $5'er. Lots of topping choices as well. Not a great spot to go for pizza dining in with friends but pretty awesome takeaway options for type of crust and multiple toppings.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 6, 2017

I was over in Venice Beach recently on a solo trip and having been really impressed with the one slice I bought instore on the previous night, decided to treat myself to a Netflix night in with a take away pizza. Now the apartment I was staying in was hidden away slightly so I took a few beers and stood outside the apartment to ensure I wouldn't miss the driver. 45 minutes later and still no sign. My UK phone wasn't able to call so I emailed to ask what had happened. I didn't hear anything from them. Two hours later (and now incredibly starving) I decided to cut my loses and order an UberEats instead. This arrived swiftly within 20 minutes.

I tried to claim a refund because call me old fashioned, I don't like spending $35 on a pizza I didn't get to eat. The restaurant refused to refund me claiming the delivery guy went to the address, knocked on the door and waited 10 minutes for me. This confused me somewhat considering I had been standing outside the apartment for over an hour. They must have the stealthiest delivery guy ever.

There were plenty of back-and-forth emails and still the restaurant refused to back down and refund me the money. It seems they were more than happy to let a customer pay for something he didn't ever get. It kind of felt a bit like 'lets rip off the dumb English tourist'.

So whilst that one slice of pizza I tried the night before was really good, I've come away from this whole experience with a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Date of visit: October 2017