“not your every day pizza”

Abbot's Pizza Company
Ranked #621 of 10,307 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Venice
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I were staying at my brothers house for a week. One evening we wanted pizza and so I did a search and found Abbots Pizza on Abbot Kinney blvd in Venice Beach CA. It was jus a short walk from my brothers so we didn't have to worry about finding a parking space which is hard to come by in that area regardless of the time. We ordered the Gypsy pizza which has mushrooms, spinach, cheese , onion and an olive pesto sauce on it. OMG it was da bomb!! The best part is they have specialty crusts like, onion, garlic, sesame , and EVERYTHING (like the everything bagel) That is what we got and it was so so good. You can buy pizza by the slice or by the pie. We got the 12 inch and it was more than enough for the two of us. I highly recommend this place. The place has limited and I do mean limited seating...bar stools with narrow high top table against the wall. Seats maybe 10...total...5 each side of store. Take it home with you and eat it...

Reviewed July 1, 2014

it was the best pizzas we had during our trip. you can choose the type of crust and put any topping you like. the Gourmet pies are great, especially the meat eater's . FYI, the XL pizza is huge!! 8 slices! it's quite enough for 2 big fellas

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Only a few inside seats but not bad if it wasnt crowded. Overall the pizza was good and limited parking.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

*Quite possibly the BEST pizza on the west side
*Salad pizza is outstanding
*Wild mushroom pizza was incredible
*At least 10 pies ready for slices. They heat 'em up!
*Very nice crew
*Plain cheese $2.73 per slice
*Gourmet slice $3.65
*A must try

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Don't expect to find tables here, just about 10 bar stools and a counter. It was a very busy place on a Friday eve. I had a slice of BBQ chicken pizza. I liked it a lot, hubby didn't care for it (he is ultra picky though). He had pepperoni and said it was good. The crust was very good, my only complaint is that it is slightly difficult to pick up a huge slice of pizza and eat it when part of the bottom crust isn't crispy. I had to tear the slice into pieces so I could pick it up. Also, they have cans and bottles of pop, but do not have any ice at all. The can pop was lukewarm, so that was not great. If you are looking for good takeout, this is a great place. They also have a bunch of pizza by the slice already made up.