“FANTASTIC”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the BEST restaurants my husband and I have ever been to. From the service, food, atmosphere etc it is definitely worth spending money on. I also recommend you try their Ceasar salad - it is made in front of you, from scratch! The meals are so delicious - even when you are full you want to keep eating.

If it's a special occassion - be sure to mention it and wait for the special suprise. Anyone I know visiting LA in the future I will most definitely recommend this restaurant to them!

There are newer reviews for Boa

Reviewed June 21, 2014

PROS: Steak was great, perfectly cooked, portions are plentiful
CONS: Some overcomplicated sides, expensive, one on our table had overcooked meat

If you want an epic steak then there are a few places to go and Boa certainly delivers on its promise of quality meat. It's rather expensive, of course, but then this is LA and prime cuts aren't going to cost back pocket change.
A table of 12 of us were well handled, all bar one of us who had an overcooked steak (like really overcooked - but we're British and clearly too polite to send it back). An oddity as my medium rare was absolutely perfect and among the better streaks I've ever eaten.
The waiters and sommelier were attentive without being too in our face. They never interrupted conversation which was a nice touch a lot of other restaurants could learn from.
My only cpersonal omplaint is something all too many American restaurants do - overcomplicate the flavours of side dishes.
The broccolini, for example, was tender and would have been delicious if it wasn't covered in chilli and garlic - and there was no mention of that on the menu. Now I'm a fan of both chilli and garlic, but such big flavours just get in the way and weren't needed.
Instead I stuck with the jumbo asparagus, lobster mash (yes, really), mac 'n' cheese (although it wasn't strictly mac, given the pasta used) and was tres happy. The surf and turf portions looked fantastic too. Don't order too many sides though as they're giant and we left far too much over.
In the company of good friends and the odd celeb (hi La Toya Jackson) I enjoyed this place a lot. Just one or two things as detailed that hold it back from being even better.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Being a massive "steak-fan", I must say I am not easy to please! But BOA is just right every single time!! The quality, the cooking, the sides everything is amazing! Definitely one of the best steaks in the city

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Outstanding food, excellent service and a great atmosphere makes for a perfect night out. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

the food was outstanding and the service was very good...service would have been better but several times we had to wait too long for things and ask for things more than one time....restaurant was crowded but this is no excuse. I was shocked that the bill was not higher. The two tier seafood sea food extravaganza was an amazing value and high quality (although a few items were not fresh)...filet with gorgonzola was delicious