“Tasty dinner diner experience”
Review of Pann's

Pann's
Ranked #97 of 10,305 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a great spot for a dinner which is much tastier than you might think from the diner decor. While the menu is fairly simple, the food is more interesting than bad burgers and fries. I had the salad with salmon which was a great and very fresh, generous-sized piece of salmon on a very healthy salad.

BBQ (only served weekends) is really good - my boyfriend has had it and is a bbq snob. In fact we chose to go there for the BBQ but realised it's not served daily and thus were relegated to the fried chicken...and were very happy. I had forgotten what home-made fried chicken tastes like. The mac and cheese side was great - there is some special cheese in there...reminiscent of Fondue (there must be gruyere and white wine and nutmeg in it). The collard greens were so good I could have just eaten a plate of them.

The decor is fun but the atmosphere, service etc. are not kitschy - there is real emphasis on the food. I would not necessarily want a first date at a place like this (wine list looked very sparse) but it's great for a low key dinner. Also great pre or post airport as it is not far from LAX. Deserts looked pretty good but we abstained.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Best breakfast I have had in years! Fun atmosphere, friendly service and terrific food. My husband and I had the "Good Morning" special...me with over hard eggs, out of this world bacon, and french toast and my husband with scrambled eggs, hash browns, toast and sausage. Our daughter had a huge plate of biscuits and gravy. We ate every bite of it. While we did not try the fried chicken and waffles a lot of folks around us did....and seemed to love every bite. Out daughter wants to go back tonight to try their milkshakes.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Pann's does amazing breakfasts! That's why there may be a wee bit of a wait on weekend mornings but it is well worth it. Couple times I've been there a waitress has brought around fresh baked cookies for the customers. Great food, great service!! (unfortunately, contrary to popular belief Pulp Fiction was not filmed here)

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just went here in march2013, and being a tourist from Australia we wanted to finish our dinner off with traditional apple pie. We ordered the high apple pie. And it was presented to us completely flat on a plate. It was like soup and mushy. We told the waitress it doesn't look high just mush on a plate, she said its fine and delicious . It was horrible, like it looked, and I don't understand how they gave it to us and not take it back. Made the whole night a bad experience.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a family favorite for breakfast. Comfortable informal dining, friendly and efficient staff, unique breakfasts. The signature dish is chicken wings (not spicy) served with waffles and eggs. It sounded awful to me, as I don't like fried foods, but in fact, the chicken was excellent!